Type 95 Ha-Go Battle of Imphal/Kohima 1/35

Greetings folks,
I always wanted to build a Type 95 Ha-Go tank, most of the kits out there were really expensive, however, about a decade ago managed to get it through HLJ sales a Dragon kit, but the bane department charge a bomb when it finally reached me. Didn't build it for ages as I find the Japanese camo really hard with the three-tone camouflage, however, during the covid period managed to do many free-hand camouflages with the 20$ Airbrush I set on my endeavor and started building it. Had a major accident while building it, I cut my finger badly first in 15+ years of modelling so have to pause for a few days. Camouflage was painted using Tamiya acrylic adding a bit of extra colours for modulation then wash with actual mud from here cause the tank theme is Battle of Imphal/Kohima so why not use actual soil from here. One Type-95 was knocked about 45 minutes drive from here. I didn't paint the yellow band as by 1944 it would have been omitted. The weather would have been muddy during the period so made my tank a bit weathered and dirty. Thank you for looking. Cheers

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

• Like 17

On 10/1/2022 at 8:55 AM, Yg Models said:

nice weathering & diorama. 👍

On 10/1/2022 at 11:17 AM, Milan Mynar said:

Nicely built diorama. I have read that the battle for Imphal was fierce and bloody.

On 10/1/2022 at 2:52 PM, sardaukar said:

That ground looks wet, Nice job.

Thank you gents, really appreciate the kind words. Really wanted to do some models around Battle of Imphal, being a native of Imphal and seeing hardly any models kind of make me sad so thought why not contribute some by building it.