A 1/43 Nissan Skyline racecar.

Kitkent

spacer.pngI bought this kit for my son in law for Xmas last year,but he gave it back to me a few weeks ago and asked me to build it for him,as he changed his mind about making it!  To be fair he makes and races 1/10 scale radio control cars,,so there is quite a difference in size there! I finished it a couple of days and he tells me he really likes it,which I’m pleased about. A very different type of kit as for one thing I didn’t spray it blue but first sprayed it with Mr Hobby gloss which worked well. It’s clicks together mostly and there are very tight tolerances,but you can remove the bonnet and open the doors..The decals were Matt which was a pain but when almost complete I brush painted the body a couple of times with Klear. There’s a large amount of parts in the kit,overall I’m impressed by it. I think it’s from a 1992 race series but there are no details of this given with the kit. Chris.spacer.png

Box lid.spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

And thanks for looking! 

• Like 15

You're right about the car being used for the Japanese Touring Car Championship - there were three from that series (including one in Calsonic colours) running at Silverstone Classic last month. Very nice build here which as with most of what you create could easily pass for a larger scale.

• Like 1

Thank you! ROSSO made several Ferrari kits in 1/43, the F1 Ferrari 641,642,643. One or two in 1/24 as well,I have one. They also made the 643 in 1/8 scale. Honda NSX and Ferrari 512TR are two others apart from the Nissan Skyline of course! I think that is more or less all of them.

Chris.

• Like 1

Thanks Chris,from Chris..I started making 1/43 kits in 1981,metal kits and then resin ones came along.The only way you could/can get a decent competition car model,there are so many to choose from though there are a lot less makers of them now. I struggle with plastic kits though! 
Chris.