1/72nd Tornado 5 sqn decals

alhenderson

Afternoon All,

I've recently come into possession of the Hasegawa 1/72nd Tornado F.3.  I'm thinking that I'd quite like to do it in the early 5 sqn scheme with the red band across the tail and the chevron on the nose.  However, looking around t'internet I've only found 1/48 scale ones 😞  Don't suppose anyone knows of any sources for 1/72 5sqn markings?

Cheers,

Al.

1 hour ago, mackem01 said:

Could you not use some red decal sheet for that?

Potentially, but there's a maple leaf in a white disc superimposed on it for the tail markings, and both have what looks like a black outline.  

Al.

10 minutes ago, Hook said:

How about this sheet?:

https://www.scalemates.com/nl/kits/xtradecal-x005-72-tornado-gr1-f2-f3--149130

Cheers,

Andre

That's perfect - now I just need to find one... 😬 Knew someone would have better google skills than me!

Al.

Just now, alhenderson said:

That's perfect - now I just need to find one... 😬 Knew someone would have better google skills than me!

More a matter of having this sheet in the Decal Dungeon. 😎

Incidentally, this sheet might be what you're looking for as well:

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/xtradecal-x051-72-raf-1998-2000-update--1017040

Cheers,

Andre

3 minutes ago, rod mcq said:

Modeldecal sheet 94 had an option for ZE292/CA of 5 Squadron which is still in stock at Hannants.

Aha - that is awesome, thanks!  So there are 3 sheets in total, none of which I could find.  Must go back to internet school... 😞

Have a good weekend all!

Al.

• Like 1

Al, 

I have the Airfix F3 in the loft (unbuilt), so if the decals are still in the box, you're welcome to the 5 Sqn markings.

Send me a PM if you haven't heard from me in a couple of days..... memory like a.... er, thingy. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, DougC said:

Al, 

I have the Airfix F3 in the loft (unbuilt), so if the decals are still in the box, you're welcome to the 5 Sqn markings.

Send me a PM if you haven't heard from me in a couple of days..... memory like a.... er, thingy. 

Thanks mate - very much appreciated, but I went ahead and bought the sheet from hannants.  I needed stencils as well since the sheet in the box is past it's best. Thought I'd better buy then while they were in stock.

Al

• Like 1