'V' engine GB for 2024

Col.

18 hours ago, 81-er said:

Sign me up. I'm quite tempted to build something that doesn't have wings for this

James

With pleasure James. There's certainly a good range of machines powered by V-engines to pick from :) 

• Like 1

Another one that I can think of, Col. Next to the Hawk III for the Asia GB (radial engine) I would also have a Curtiss P-6E and a P-1/F6C with a V-12 Conquerer engine. Nearly forgot that one: a Curtiss A-8 Shrike.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Toryu said:

Another one that I can think of, Col. Next to the Hawk III for the Asia GB (radial engine) I would also have a Curtiss P-6E and a P-1/F6C with a V-12 Conquerer engine. Nearly forgot that one: a Curtiss A-8 Shrike.

Those would make a nice comparison to your Hawk III on how the engine configuration changed the lines of the aircraft's forward fuselage.

• 3 weeks later...

You can go ahead an put me down.  Leading contenders at the moment would likely be a Takata Dome NSX (twin turbo V6), Motorcraft Pro Stock Thunderbird (V8), TWR XJ-S (V12), or the real dark horse....a Scania 144 (turbo V8 diesel).

• Like 1

18 hours ago, helios16v said:

You can go ahead an put me down.  Leading contenders at the moment would likely be a Takata Dome NSX (twin turbo V6), Motorcraft Pro Stock Thunderbird (V8), TWR XJ-S (V12), or the real dark horse....a Scania 144 (turbo V8 diesel).

With pleasure Chris :D 

Which brings us to 15 names.

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, TonyOD said:

Merlins and Griffons were both "engines" right? Which is a licence to build literally any Spitfire or Seafire. Count me in please!

Oh yes :) 

On 1/4/2023 at 5:58 PM, TonyOD said:

“Engines” they are indeed… but I’m sure you realised I meant “V engines” 🙄

I knew exactly what you meant to the point I didn't realise you'd omitted the V :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

What a novel idea! Ths should open to every subject since the RAF rescue launches had v12 engines and british tanks used the V12 Meteor engine. Put me down for a 1/24 Revell V12 Jaguar!

On 9/30/2022 at 3:48 PM, Col. said:

. V engines have always seemed synonymous with F1 as I can't think of any examples that used another configuration.

Brabham Alfas used a flat 12 cylinder in the second half of the 1970s, e.g. BT46.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
5 hours ago, stevehnz said:

@Col. Seems like this is one that needs a reset for next years bunfight now. I still think it is a cracking idea for a GB.

Steve.

Indeed it is. I have a P-40, 2*Bf 109, 6*S'fire and 7*P-51 in my stash, plus some Twins with V:s. Go for 2025!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, stevehnz said:

That would be good Col, I'll do my best to support it. 🤞

Steve.

+1!

EDIT: Just last weekend I browsed through my modest stash (30 unstarted, 18 stalled/wip and 6 on order) of kits and found a Hasegawa Bf 109G-6/G-14 combo boxing, thinking there will be no GB:s to build those in 2024 (tbh they didn't play any part in Normandy except as targets). Hooray for the V-GB in 2025!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Col. as you're my dedicated Seafire expert, I'm hijacking your thread to ask (it's a V-engined plane after all) this question: I have a KP Spitfire Mk.Vc kit and a KP Seafire Ib kit. Mixing them, how close to a correct Seafire IIc do I get? Thanks in advance, V-P

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

@Col. as you're my dedicated Seafire expert, I'm hijacking your thread to ask (it's a V-engined plane after all) this question: I have a KP Spitfire Mk.Vc kit and a KP Seafire Ib kit. Mixing them, how close to a correct Seafire IIc do I get? Thanks in advance, V-P

Hmm, interesting question V-P, let me check to see what cannon bulges come with the Vc kit...

• Thanks 1