1/700 Royal Navy ships (WWI - WWII)

Time to continue the 1/700 ships by introducing what i have so far for the Kriegsmarines main adversary, the mighty Royal Navy.

This is where things start to get a bit more loose as the collection of ships so far doesn't exactly make for the same kind of nice battlegroup.

But im sure in the future that will change  ;).

Same as with the KM ships, these are also "out of the box", have bare plastic showing, and are completely hand-painted.

Tough this time there are no matching camos or any weathering present.

And here are the ships ive got so far.

Now, the first one i actually got years before that "boom" where i got a small fleets worth of these ships in the span of just a couple months :whistle:.

And let me tell you, having this sitting around in my stash was a very good thing, cause i cant imagine i would have gotten very good results back then ^_^.

8kUa1IX.jpg

34eCKlK.jpg

mgUiOej.jpg

ozfZJbw.jpg

The DD used to have its bow decals, but one day i grabbed it by that very spot and pulled both off at the same time :doh:.

l66YaoZ.jpg

YsiIDZ3.jpg

h5mm9C3.jpg

VWStPqO.jpg

ikOHqjL.jpg

H2m7eIh.jpg

Unfortunately the box for this one is gone, but it is the 1942 version of the HMS Renown by Trumpeter

This is where my decision of leaving the bare plastic visible, kinda backfires, as the Trumpeter plastic is quite bit shinier and lighter in it's grayness compared to the Tamiya kits, but oh-well. There is a chance i will add a camo to this ship at some point, and will be able to remedy some of that then.

0HIuyay.jpg

BWE2B4i.jpg

fyivgo6.jpg

VhANI7d.jpg

Like with the KM side of the project, i have definite plans to add more to this side of the project as-well. It will take some time of-course.

And as i alluded to above, there is a chance i will upgrade these with some "camo" and weathering to bring them on par with the KM ships.

Edited by kapteenipirk
  • Like 16

5 hours ago, kapteenipirk said:

i have definite plans to add more to this side of the project

Gidday, that's good. You need a cruiser for an adversary for Prinz Eugen. And poor Scharnhorst is a little outnumbered and out-gunned.

These are all very good that you've done. I brush paint all of mine too. Have you considered doing one or two in disruptive camo (dazzle camo)? Regards, Jeff.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ArnoldAmbrose said:

Gidday, that's good. You need a cruiser for an adversary for Prinz Eugen. And poor Scharnhorst is a little outnumbered and out-gunned.

These are all very good that you've done. I brush paint all of mine too. Have you considered doing one or two in disruptive camo (dazzle camo)? Regards, Jeff.

Cheers.

Will have to see what ships are available once i get around to buying more, but i think by the time that comes, my first pick will be this.

aikHTmZ.jpg

Just so much loveliness in one box ^_^

There will be a host of weird and wonderful camos appearing in future ships, and perhaps even some of these older ones ;). even some dazzle ones im sure.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
On 1/18/2023 at 9:03 PM, TallBlondJohn said:

Sweet wee ships. A matt varnish will cure your shininess issue and keep the decals on 🙂

Thanks.

Yeah, it probably would, never used any of that stuff tough :lol:

Something for me to try in the future then ;)