Canberra bi8 decals

ed-209

Afternoon all 

I am wondering if anyone does decals for a Canberra bi8 in 1/72 scale for one with the undersides painted black  

I've looked in all the usual places and found some in 1/48 but not my scale my other thought was just some White letters and numbers but I can't seem to find them either 

My last question is along time ago I built the Novo Canberra and finished it in a dark blue colour  that looked really good but in the last 30 years I've never seen another like it ither in model form or photo did the paint scheme ever exist or was it a Novo flight of fancy 

Thanks ed

37 minutes ago, ed-209 said:

Excellent thanks never used hannants

Before but next pay day I shall maybe go for that tempest I've been eyeing as well

Thanks ed

Just be aware, Hannants will only send flat things post-free, mostly PE sets and decals (within the UK). As soon as you add a kit you pay postage, unless your order tops £100.  I've used them a lot over the years and find them reliable.

Paul.

1 minute ago, Tentacles said:

Following - I have a black Novo B(I)8 that's ready for decaling. I've tried everything I can think of, but the kit decals are so old, they just shatter on contact with water. 

Probably not the  age. Novo decals, particularly later in their history, very often shattered when new. Sometimes they had no carrier film at all. If they were Frog it would be age and possibly saveable with one or two brush coats of Microscale Liquid Decal Film. That may work with the Novo attempts, but not guarranteed. I've also had some that were water soluble. Not good.

Paul.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Paul Thompson said:

Microscale Liquid Decal

Thanks Paul - yep, I tried that, to no avail. My current vague plan is to scan the surviving decals, edit this to replace the missing elements, and then print a new set. Work in (very slow) progress, we shall see. 

• Like 1

On 10/1/2022 at 11:25 AM, Wez said:

Thunderbox decals did some contact John to see if he still does them, you can PM him, he's on BM as @xvtonker

Thanks I will

got it down to two airframes vx185 ezy paint scheme or wt363 I like the caution sign on the tale