Ukraine Air Force Su-27S - Digital Camouflage “58”

This model is part a group of builds that are outside my usual group build projects. I have a fascination bordering on obsession with complex schemes for my builds, even more so for these crazy digital schemes. Especially these Ukrainian ones, I knew I just have to build them from the first time I saw them about 5-6 years ago. I had mask for an Su-24 and Su-25 well before the current situation, and even more so now!!

..and here is one did earlier, it’s the Trumpeter model (a horrible model) with full set of correction bits.

IMG_7012-XL.jpg

The masks I use/used are from a Ukraine company Foxbot, and I have to say without doubt they are the best available anywhere! They are a super thin material like thin plastic, conform quite nicely and stick VERY well!! The warning with these are you MUST use lacquer paint, enamels and water based stuff will just lift off with the masks. Even with lacquer-based paints you need to ensure you have a good base for the main coats.

The model is the GWH one, and I really liked it, the only issues I had where with poor mould lines on the AAM stores, I had similar issues with their F-15I which I have also just completed.

Plus speaking of which, the eagle-eyed would have noticed the AGM-88’s under the wings. They were going to go on a MiG-29 that is in the build list until a saw a photo of a “grey” Su-27 with them fitted, so why not.

Thank you for looking and please enjoy.

Model: GWH 1/48th Su-27 Flanker B

Scheme: Ukraine Air Force Su-27S Digital Camouflage “58”

Paint:  AK Interactive Real Color, and MRP, Tamiya Acrylics, Model Master Metalizer Lacquer 

Extras: 

DMX – Ukraine AF Su-27S Digital Camo “58”

Foxbot – Su-27 “58” Digital Masks

Master – Su-27/30 Pitot Probe

Orange Hobby – AL-31F Nozzle set

Quinta Studio – Su-27 Cockpit decals set

Reskit – Su-27 Wheels Late

IMG_7510-XL.jpg

IMG_7512-XL.jpg

IMG_7513-XL.jpg

IMG_7515-XL.jpg

IMG_7516-XL.jpg

IMG_7518-XL.jpg

IMG_7519-XL.jpg

IMG_7521-XL.jpg

IMG_7524-XL.jpg

IMG_7525-XL.jpg

IMG_7526-XL.jpg

IMG_7527-XL.jpg

IMG_7529-XL.jpg

IMG_7530-XL.jpg

IMG_7537-XL.jpg

IMG_7535-XL.jpg

• Like 47
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, exdraken said:

Wow, great work!!

Those HARMS are a dangerous touch!! :thumbsup: 🇺🇦

I think I have not heard about the Orange Hobby – AL-31F Nozzle set.... any verdict?

thanks, the Orange Hobby nozzles aren't too bad, though prefer the Reskit or KA Model ones.

• Thanks 1