Macedonian Air Force Mi-24V

Hello. I present you my latest finished model.The 1:72 Sale Zvezda Mi-24V in the colors of the Macedonian air force.I fully rescribed the panels because the kit ones are almost non existent.I also riveted the model to give it a bit more authentic look.The cockpit was upgraded by the eduard pre colored Pe set that is actually a bit bigger than the kit parts and needs quite the trimming with a metal file for it to fit properly.The paints used are revell enamels.I managed to scratchbuild the aso-2v Flares on the back and designed and printed the decals myself on a laser printer and microscale dekal paper.I couldnt reccomend the paper enouhg.One of the best I have seen.I will be definetley getting more of it in the futre.

Qkh9mg4.jpg

LSvwA9y.jpg

CWVDOcT.jpg

7Q5HCLf.jpg

8kMDzpw.jpg

2wpSTeW.jpg

N5055CU.jpg

SauyKpJ.jpg

AHewnsb.jpg

H5rpSkB.jpg

WwqivvJ.jpg

iImHP4B.jpg

6hZDaNA.jpg

mBe386u.jpg

aBpZdyX.jpg

puAA0Hz.jpg

zpE0ezm.jpg

• Like 54

That looks  great. The Mi 24 is iconic. I first  thought a  Macedonian military helicopter is a pretty obscure subject. But of course you  are Macedonian. 

Do you  have  any  other Macedonian  military models? 

Fantastic Hind & love the colour scheme. That kit even represents the lop sided stance that the actual aircraft has when looking head on.

I've got some decals for Slovakian Hinds with cartoon characters from Asterix which look pretty good, just not sure which is the best Hind kit available to do it.

Hello,

it is really superb build 👏 I know, that Zvezda is not easy build, but you managed it very well. 

I like Mi-24 and also was interesting about this particular camouflage. For those who would like to build it, the decal sheet from Begemot Мil Мi-24V\VP\R\К Hind family (2) 72-064 offers two options of Makedonian Hinds. Unfortunatelly I did´t  find the real photo of this particular machine (No. 202) . Please, do you have any ? There are a lot of photos with Mi-24, but with some insignia in the front fuselage which is missing in decal sheet.

On 9/29/2022 at 11:44 AM, David Koktavý said:

Hello,

it is really superb build 👏 I know, that Zvezda is not easy build, but you managed it very well. 

I like Mi-24 and also was interesting about this particular camouflage. For those who would like to build it, the decal sheet from Begemot Мil Мi-24V\VP\R\К Hind family (2) 72-064 offers two options of Makedonian Hinds. Unfortunatelly I did´t  find the real photo of this particular machine (No. 202) . Please, do you have any ? There are a lot of photos with Mi-24, but with some insignia in the front fuselage which is missing in decal sheet.

Hello.Thank you.

The Begemot set is incorrect despite me giving them the proper info and photos.

The helicopter with tactical number 202 had no squadron amblem on the nose .It also had the lettering VAM where the roundel and tactical nnumbe on the tail were painted.

DSC03526.jpg

DSC03599.jpg

IMG-1709.jpg

IMG-6694.jpg

Squadron amblem on a different mi-24v

MIL-24-215.jpg

49145912912-cd90fafd8b-o.jpg

38129625926-cce45be566-o.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/SxMXwBN0/23171769929-994f3d4b6c-o.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thanks a lot for those incredible photos. Please can you describe what is wrong on the Begemot decals? I need mainly insignias, they seems to be correct. The number 202 I will draw and print myself. 

I will do the Mi-24 without any lettering as yours, but please can you briefly describe what means "VAM" ? Just only for my interest. I guess "MAF" means Macedonian Air Force.

I have two Mi-24 in progress. One Hobby Boss and other one is Zvezda, which is more flexible to adapt differences between variants. It seems that Macedonian No.202 is early Mi-24 V with gun camera on the wing, which can be build from Hobby Boss and Zvezda too. 

Thanks my friends.I am so glad you like it.

@David Koktavý

The Begemot decals have a wrongly interpreted camo,The numbers are of the wrong size but no so much and the roundel is I think bigger than it should be.

MAF means Macedonian Air Force and the VAM means something similiar but in Macedonian.Military Aviation of Macedonian army something like that in rough translation.

The problems with the stencils is that our mi-24s had different stencils than the ukrainean and russian ones, different color and are all in english.

Use the zvezda model since it is much more accurate and has the fuselage tilt to the right like the real thing does but the HB kit does not have.

Also all interiors are flat black.This hinds were upgraded with fully NVG compatible cockpits and cockpit lighting.Also they dont have the mechanical analogue moving map on the right of the top cockpit instrument panel

P1010062.jpg

MIL-24-211.jpg

spacer.png

MIL-24-274.jpg

MIL-24-208.jpg

MIL-24-190.jpg

MIL-24-189.jpg

Edited by dragan_mig31
  • Like 1

Thanks a lot for explanation and interiour photos 👍  

I know Zvezda is really accurate Mi-24, but I dont like almost invisible panel lines and the buildability. This was reason to start Hobby Boss to compare it in building point of view. My plan for the future (or modeller dream? ) is to have 24x Mi-24 helicopters done in my display cabinet in a variety of camouflages.