1/72 Victor K2. Black buck 1 White 2

Excellent builds I especially like the Victor, I tried many years ago to do the Rareplanes vac kit long before the Matchbox released their kit, but I only got to finish one wing before it was binned, I've since bought the new Airfix Victor at Telford when it came out, so this gives me some inspiration to start it

• Like 1

Thank you all for you positive reaction. After reading XM607 I had to honour the longest then bombing raid, and the utter selfless airmanship of Bob Tuxfords crew. 

If I’ve inspired more Victors and Vulcans to be built, that’s brill, and supporting our own plastic manufacturer to boot. 

So what next….not sure…Airfix Bucc with the new NeOmega cockpit. (I believe it’s been redone and will be cast and available very soon👍

Cheers Si 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kev67 said:

Excellent builds I especially like the Victor, I tried many years ago to do the Rareplanes vac kit long before the Matchbox released their kit, but I only got to finish one wing before it was binned, I've since bought the new Airfix Victor at Telford when it came out, so this gives me some inspiration to start it

Move it up your build schedule, you’ll enjoy the build. Just test fit the wing to fuselage joint, I just needed a couple of swipes of the sanding stick. You will need more weight in the nose than Airfix recommend. 

cheers Si 

2 hours ago, Samuraiwarrior said:

Fantastic Victor. Paint job is spot on, love the faded look. 

Beautifully presented with the details of the aircraft and crew. 

Thanks for sharing. 

Kevin 

Hi Kevin,

All it is is post shading with progressively light shades. I use both Tamiya and Gunze and use 10% paint to 90% IPA thinner. I then keep going over and over until I’m happy with the effect. It is time consuming but it works. Then it’s oils and pastels….  Dayglo was a different kettle of fish as the red goes to yellow, but I did do lots of practice pieces before I did the top side of the Victor.

Anyway, ramble over, thanks again for your kind words.

cheers Si

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1