Corvair as Yenko Stinger, AMT, 1/25

low-left-corner.jpg

left-profile.jpg

high-front-left.jpg

rear-left-corner.jpg

high-rear-left-quarter.jpg

high-rear-left-hood-open.jpg

rear-right-hood-open.jpg

Far from my best work, and if I'm honest, I'm glad to get it off the bench at last. Work hassles and COVID have sapped my mojo, and holidays and the garden have eaten into bench time, so I'm looking for a restart for the Autumn. The kit fought me all the way, some of which reflected its age, some my ineptness... It's a comprehensive kit, with parts for many versions of the Corvair, but I'd only recommend it if you're a regular builder who gets their kicks from beating recalcitrant plastic into submission or you absolutely have to have a Corvair on your shelf.

best,

M.

• Like 17

Nice one Matthew. I've long admired the lines of the Corvair, that scheme & you handiwork have caught them beautifully. Not sure the lines weren't the best part of the Corvair though. As a young day dreamer, I used to have fantasies about a Corvair bodied T70/GT40 type space framed racer in our Open Saloon Car class. Alas, it was very much a still born dream. :( :D 

Steve.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, stevehnz said:

A 914/6 would be nice to see. After looking at @PatW's build recently I went & had a Porsche perv perusal on t'net & came found this which the 21 year old me approved of enormously.

Well, it's a John Player Special Porsche..... what's not to like? I'm sure I have some 8-spoke Minilites somewhere...

best,

M.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, stevehnz said:

That's lovely!

Worked in our local model shop for a while in the early 90's when 'between' IT jobs and the owner (also a founder member of our model club) had a 914. Can't recall if t was a 6, what I can recall from various trips out in it was that it was the most incredile car for changing ditrction I'd ever been in. It really did 'corner like it was on rails' as the old cliche goes!

11 hours ago, cmatthewbacon said:

I'm sure I have some 8-spoke Minilites somewhere...

Go find them M...!! :)

Keith

• Like 1