2023 Bunfight - good news for some. Better news for others.

I have just cleaned up the Bunfight area and have got rid of all the proposals which didn't make it through last year's bunfight.

It seems that we have 20 GBs and 5 STGBs vying for places next year

There are nine slots available in each category so there is some very good news for those of you who have your hearts set on building a Fortress, Draken, Crusader, Corsair, Foxbat or Leopard.   Your STGB is through!  :thumbsup:

As for standard GBs, if we don't get the STGB slots filled in the next five weeks, those spare slots will be used for standard GBs. This should relieve the pressure slightly with 20 GBs chasing 13 slots rather than 9.

Remember that the Bunfight is only two weeks, commencing on 1 November. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, Marklo said:

@Enzo Matrix if the 38(t) Gb is classed as an STGB then we have enough votes for the bunfight as all the 2021 signups have reconfirmed. 

Sadly, I'm not sure that we can bend the rules enough to class the 35(t) and 38(t) as a single type.  The 35(t) was designed by Skoda while the 38(t) was designed by CKD.  There was no design connection between them.

However, if you were to redefine the GB as 38(t) only, then it would definitely qualify as an STGB.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Sadly, I'm not sure that we can bend the rules enough to class the 35(t) and 38(t) as a single type.  The 35(t) was designed by Skoda while the 38(t) was designed by CKD.  There was no design connection between them.

However, if you were to redefine the GB as 38(t) only, then it would definitely qualify as an STGB.

No that’s fine ‘rules is rules’ so to speak I wasn’t sure myself.

I’d say most builders would be going for the 38(t) so might not miss the other types and tbh the GB is unlikely to make it out of the bunfight as a regular GB

Can we keep the 38(t) derivatives like the Marder and the Hetzer and still be an STGB?

Edited by Marklo

6 minutes ago, Marklo said:

Can we keep the 38(t) derivatives like the Marder and the Hetzer and still be an STGB?

Yes.  That's the whole point of an STGB.

The Avia 199 and Hispano Buchon were eligible in the last Bf109 STGB.  This is a similar situation.

• Thanks 1

Is it wrong to be drooling at the prospect of the impending mayhem and carnage? (Asking for a friend)

This looks like being the first year when I use all my GB votes, though no doubt back my usual proportion of losers. And even get a STGB - shout out to the 38(t) campaign

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, vppelt68 said:

I believe I'll get to host two STGB:s next year, thank you, and of very different military aircraft they'll be - the beautiful Draken and the mighty Flying Fortress

Remind me of that when we come to allocate dates so we can make sure they don't run concurrently. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/26/2022 at 6:37 PM, Enzo Matrix said:

for those of you who have your hearts set on building a Fortress, Draken, Crusader, Corsair, Foxbat or Leopard.

No, but now I need to go shopping…. Well at least I have a Foxbat or two.

• Haha 2

On 9/26/2022 at 12:37 PM, Enzo Matrix said:

It seems that we have 20 GBs and 5 STGBs vying for places next year

There are nine slots available in each category so there is some very good news for those of you who have your hearts set on building a Fortress, Draken, Crusader, Corsair, Foxbat or Leopard.   Your STGB is through!  :thumbsup:

As for standard GBs, if we don't get the STGB slots filled in the next five weeks, those spare slots will be used for standard GBs. This should relieve the pressure slightly with 20 GBs chasing 13 slots rather than 9.

So the top four GB runners up get the STGB slots ? I like that and would have suggested that had you not already done so. 

• Like 1

who cares which GB/STGB goes through!!!

I'm just looking forward to wailing and gnashing to teeth as fav builds plunge downwards to the bottom, or the hair pulling stress (for those that still have it!  :whistle:) and tension of having your fav build sitting on the cusp of the cutoff, or the worse of all your fav build has been sitting at the top only to plunge to it's death right at the end in a flurry moved votes and backstabbing ............... but mostly the all the general bloodshed that occurs in the annual Bunfight, can't wait!!!  :yahoo:

And yes the chart will make it's annual return in an all new nice and sparkly version......... well nah I was too lazy, so it's the same old same old. :D

• Haha 5

40 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

who cares which GB/STGB goes through!!!

I'm just looking forward to wailing and gnashing to teeth

You do know that you're a deeply flawed person, don't you....  :fraidnot: 

• Haha 5

6 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

I've no doubt he does but also knows he's in like-minded company with us lot :D 

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

You’ve said it yourself if you’re here you’re  emm, special :) 

I might add that I find (depending on type, how many nmf mig21s can you get excited about?) STGBs can be a bit boring so I’m looking forward to next years mix.

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 2

On 27/09/2022 at 08:38, Mjwomack said:

Is it wrong to be drooling at the prospect of the impending mayhem and carnage?

On 01/10/2022 at 23:35, trickyrich said:

a flurry moved votes and backstabbing

Personally I can't wait.  I intend to betray you ALL.

• Haha 7