Hello from St Albans

Godfrey of Acre

Hi there. My name is Sean and I’m from St Albans in Hertfordshire. Recently got back into modelling via part works. I’ve got a couple of styrene kits but I’m lacking the confidence to start one, basically I’ve got all the gear but no idea 😂

Sean 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Godfrey of Acre said:

Hi there. My name is Sean and I’m from St Albans in Hertfordshire. Recently got back into modelling via part works. I’ve got a couple of styrene kits but I’m lacking the confidence to start one, basically I’ve got all the gear but no idea 😂

Sean 

Welcome!! You’ll find the site very friendly and plenty to give advice here… I’m originally from down the road (bwood). Happy modelling. 😊

2 hours ago, Godfrey of Acre said:

basically I’ve got all the gear but no idea 😂

:lol: Join the club ;)

:welcome: aboard Sean.  You'll find a ton of advice on here - never be afraid of asking questions, just make sure they're in the right place, or we'll lynch you* :wicked:

* That might not be true.

2 hours ago, Godfrey of Acre said:

I’ve got a couple of styrene kits but I’m lacking the confidence to start one, basically I’ve got all the gear but no idea 😂

Sean 

Pick one, cut off a few of the parts, trim the excess plastic, check for fit, start sticking them together.

Confidence will follow...

Welcome Sean. 😉

Ian

Hello Sean … :post1: from the city by the lake Chicago USA. Well we were all new to this at one time so pick what looks to be an easy kit snd jump in feet first. It helps if you start a thread in the appropriate work in progress section as members will visit snd offer ideas and advice. If not please feel free to ask anyone questions. 99.9% of the members are bend over backwards friendly. The rest tend to not say much for fear of rocking the boat. 

Dennis

Welcome Sean!

Don't worry about being confident! As soon as you start u will get on track.

Personally I do modelling just for the fun of it, I like to build and got really helpful advise here.

Don't worry Be happy!

Igkor

Hi Sean, a belated welcome to the forum!  As others have said - and I can confirm from personal experience - they're a friendly and helpful bunch here and there's a wealth of useful information too.  Confidence will only come with experience, but it'll come pretty quickly as you find your feet and each completed model becomes better than the previous one.