+++FINISHED+++ Ferrari F60 2009

Throwing my hat in the ring with this as a placemarker. I'm not going to make a start until after next weekend though as I'm doing a dual group build with another group which starts 1st October (Road and track in scale) plus I'm busy all next weekend as a volunteer on the GCR at our autumn gala, so Monday 3rd will be my start date. It will be Kimi's car with the Marlboro barcode logos which were soon banned as an attempt to get around the tobacco advertising ban as they apparently looked like the Marlboro logo at speed. Tamiya kit, zero 2 part paint and aftermarket decals. 

20220925_232525

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

Managed to get some of the main assemblies put together ready for filling and painting. Doesn't look much progress, but swmbo has managed to find me stuff to do after work every day up to yet. Intakes for the side pods are added as well but after I took photo and the join lines have been filled awaiting sanding. Every little step is a step forwards though 😉

20221002_175138

• Like 4

Bit more progress tonight filling and smoothing joins and getting things ready for the primer stage over the next couple of days so I can get body colour on and hardening while I plod on with the chassis and engine bits

20221005_223956

• Like 4

Bit more progress over the weekend, a few parts primed and put into semi gloss black. Now to mask it all in reverse and start priming and then 2 part topcoat on the bodywork. 

20221010_000223

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Col. said:

Lots of preparation work but once done everything will come together quickly :) 

Now I've got to do it all again in reverse, mask off all the black, then prime and paint the red 😪

13 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Should look great when its all done. 

I hope so, the metallic paint and 2K clear coat should look good against the semi gloss black.

Lots of compound Curves to mask all over again though 🤪

• Like 1

Happy day painting today. Was a bit nervy about the 2 part metallic candy red over the silver base, but it covered really well then really pops out under the 2K gloss coat. Off to the historic rally festival at Weston Park tomorrow, so that's it for a few days. 

20221015_161228

• Like 7

Seeing as I've decided this is going to be built as a curbside model due to detail pictures of the engine being very scarce, I thought I'd give it some carbon fibre decals on the outside. First time apart from the odd ones on decal sheets, so a bit of a learning curve, but seem to be pulling down quite nicely. Hopefully it'll make the kit look a little more detailed on the outer. Need to get some more microsol as well seeing as I knocked it over, yes I've got a stand but I took it out and then knocked it over for some unknown reason 🤣🤣

20221018_220025

• Like 7

Oops. At least Micro Sol doesn't do the same damage as liquid glue though. The carbon fibre effect decals will add a nice measure of extra visual interest.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Redstaff said:

knocked it over, yes I've got a stand but I took it out and then knocked it over for some unknown reason 🤣🤣

Murphy’s law = Remove it from stand guarantee’s it will get knocked over. I use a cut down plastic cup with a square bottom. There is only enough room to lean over about 30-35%

8 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Murphy’s law = Remove it from stand guarantee’s it will get knocked over. I use a cut down plastic cup with a square bottom. There is only enough room to lean over about 30-35%

Every time. I've got a block of wood that both bottles fit in along with the paint brushes to apply, rather than moving the block I took the bottle out and just like magic the fluid disappeared 🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Glad this bit is done and out of the way now, seatbelts installed in the carbon fibre decalled tub and seat. Not much to show for 3 hours work, but I'm glad it's over as it's one of the bits of modelling I hate, but they look so much better than decals, so it's worth the pain 😀

20221020_230407

• Like 12

8 minutes ago, Col. said:

Good to see this one coming together now Ian. How well are the parts fitting?

Cheers Col :) 

Typical Tamiya fit, everything has been spot on this far :) 

Ian :) 

• Like 1