Airfix Victor K.2

Can't build a Victor without showing it on Britmodeler, eh?

It's a pretty good kit, but is a lot of work to get to the finish line.  Aftermarket resin wheels and some Eduard PE in the cockpit.  XL189, the ship that gave the Black Buck One Vulcan it's final load of fuel before the attack on Port Stanley, giving the Vulcan enough fuel but leaving itself 3 hours short of range to get back to Ascension Island.  Luckily, it was met by another Victor before the crew got wet.  Bob Tuxford was the pilot on XL189 on that mission.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

0411victor.jpg

Edited by jeaton01
Add images
  • Like 43
  • Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, ColinChipmunkfan said:

Unfortunately cannot see the Victor as my security system will not open the images.  Blocked as a known dangerous web page.

Colin

Same for me too ☹️☹️☹️

Graham

No problem seeing the pictures here - and what beautiful pictures they are! I have this kit (even pre-ordered it directly from Airfix and paid handsomely to ship it across the pond) and yet I haven't started it yet. Maybe it can be my New Year's resolution.    :)

Cheers,

Bill

Unfortunately I cannot see them for some reason... 

BTW - a bit more that a week ago I've visited the Yorkshire Air Museum at Elvington and for the first time seen the real Victor there. This is a magnificent plane...

Regards

J-W