AFV Club 1/35 Churchill AVRE

Buzby061

After an absence from modelling due to being physically unable to get into the attic post-op & then it being too fekking hot to stay in the attic I've finally finished my Churchill AVRE from AFV Club. Having done the early carpet layer I knew what to expect & the best way to tackle the workable suspension. A nice kit, the only additions are Value Gear tarps & a crewman from Tamiya's Churchill with a Hornet head.

Any comments, criticisms & observations welcome.

Pete

IMG_8508 (800x495)

IMG_8507 (800x519)

IMG_8506 (800x533)

IMG_8505 (800x533)

IMG_8504 (800x533)

IMG_8511 (800x533)

IMG_8510 (800x533)

• Like 28
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, ColonelKrypton said:

Hmmm... 

Sorry, I can't see any pictures.  There appear to be links in your posting but nothing else.

cheers, Graham

That's odd Graham as it seems  Stef N can see them. The pics are visible to me & I'm using Village.Photos as per usual.

Pete

26 minutes ago, Stef N. said:

Maybe a browser issue. I'm on Firefox and they show up clearly.

Yup, must be. I use Firefox but just used Chrome & can only see the link. As Wile E Coyote said, Back to the ole drawing board!

Pete

• Like 1

This explains it, from the FAQs:

Village Photos have allowed their security certificate to lapse, which means that photos from their site won't show up on the majority of forum sites, so they're now a bad idea as of July 2022.  If this changes in the future, we'll re-open the thread, but in the meantime it's closed and we wouldn't suggest you use them to host your photos for Britmodeller.  Thanks to @Bullbasket for the original thread, and for reminding me to let people know they'd gone "odd".

Need to look for another host, any recommendations?

Pete

Very nice, I do like your accumulation of dirt around the gap in the track covers. (Sure it  must have a specific name but I've no idea). Grubby and well used but without being caked in mud.

Great AVRE!

Darryl 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Buzby061 said:

Need to look for another host, any recommendations?

Yes, that's why all of my old photos on here appear just like yours do. The only way that you can see them is to click on the link and then click on the centre of what come up. Too much faffing around so I moved over to Imgur. Very easy to use.

John.

PS. Sorry, forgot to add, very nice work on the AVRE.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bertie McBoatface said:

Have you noticed one of the workable roadwheels is stuck up at the top of its travel

No I hadn't Bertie. It's back where it should be now, thanks for pointing that out. One of the unwritten rules of modelling is that mistakes will only become apparent after posting!

Pete

• Haha 1

Hi Pete,

a great model, I really like its finish, dirty, because it is an engineering vehicle, and it looks convincing. Before I couldn't see the photos either, my browser/antivirus blocked me because it detected a "suspicious connection", I imagine it was what you were saying about the security certificate...in case it's useful. What color did you use for the kit?...I have a Churchill in the stash, and when I decide to do it, honestly, I'm kind of lost with the British colors of that period...lol.

Cheers and get well soon.

Francis.👍

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FrancisGL said:

Hi Pete,

a great model, I really like its finish, dirty, because it is an engineering vehicle, and it looks convincing. Before I couldn't see the photos either, my browser/antivirus blocked me because it detected a "suspicious connection", I imagine it was what you were saying about the security certificate...in case it's useful. What color did you use for the kit?...I have a Churchill in the stash, and when I decide to do it, honestly, I'm kind of lost with the British colors of that period...lol.

Cheers and get well soon.

Francis.👍

Hi Francis,

Thanks for your kind words. I used Tamiya XF-81 RAF Green. Can't argue with your remarks on British tank colours, it certainly is a minefield. (Pun intended!)

Pete

• Like 1