Tempest Mk. VI 1/48

Gambrinus

Hi folks.

I am toying with the idea of mating the Eduard Tempest Mk II wings with the fuselage of the Eduard Mk. V.

My intention is to use the trailing edge of the wings as aligning point and work my way forward.

I do realize that there is a bit of surgery in the rear to make the wing and fuselage match, and there will be some work with plastic sheet and filler, making the wing intakes meet the fuselage.

My question is: Is this a stupid idea? Am I missing some thing completely obvious, a show stopper?

Thanks for your comments and suggestions, as always.

Cheers

Christian

3 hours ago, Fishbed said:

The General did this very conversion -

May be contact him to see what was involved.  My guess is not much.

Tim

Thank you very much, Tim. It's a great help.

3 hours ago, Welkin said:

MDC did a conversion set for the old Eduard Tempest; I might have a spare one that I don't want.

PM if interested.

Thanks for your kind offer, Welkin. However, I am rather hooked on the Eduard option.

1 hour ago, Tomas Enerdal said:

My recommendation is to get that issue of SAM, it is very detailed and will inform you exactly how to do it.

Excellent advice, Tomas. Thank you very much. I have googled and googled but without result. Could it be that this particular magazine has not yet been published?

Thanks for all your help

Christian

On 25/09/2022 at 13:13, Gambrinus said:

Thanks for your comments and suggestions, as always.

unless you have to have a Mk.VI NOW!   you might want to wait, and see if Eduard do their own issue of it.  Or ask them.  Sure you can cross the V and II kits, but you end up with a lot of leftover parts.   

Does the Mk.II come with the tropical filter parts?   

As have been mentioned, there were conversions for the older tool kit by Eduard,  which has a wing that is noticeably too thick, the MDC one mentioned by @Welkin has the intakes split horizontally,  so could be made to fit,  the other conversion by Airwaves has them as one piece.

HTH

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gambrinus said:

Thank you very much, Tim. It's a great help.

Thanks for your kind offer, Welkin. However, I am rather hooked on the Eduard option.

Excellent advice, Tomas. Thank you very much. I have googled and googled but without result. Could it be that this particular magazine has not yet been published?

Thanks for all your help

Christian

It's not mentioned on the cover, but it is in the July 2022 issue.

sam-44-05.jpg

• Like 1

On 9/26/2022 at 4:50 PM, Troy Smith said:

unless you have to have a Mk.VI NOW!   you might want to wait, and see if Eduard do their own issue of it.  Or ask them.  Sure you can cross the V and II kits, but you end up with a lot of leftover parts.   

Does the Mk.II come with the tropical filter parts?   

As have been mentioned, there were conversions for the older tool kit by Eduard,  which has a wing that is noticeably too thick, the MDC one mentioned by @Welkin has the intakes split horizontally,  so could be made to fit,  the other conversion by Airwaves has them as one piece.

HTH

Thanks, Troy. You may certainly have a point about Eduard releasing a Mk. VI at some point. Unfortunately the uncontrollable part of my brain has decided that I need it NOW! 😆

On 9/26/2022 at 5:02 PM, Broadway said:

It's not mentioned on the cover, but it is in the July 2022 issue.

sam-44-05.jpg

Thank yoy very much, Broadway. It is on the way to DK now.

• Like 1

Gambrinus, and of course you can ask me too. :)

Sorry just seen this. I probably have more images of the conversion, and the mag articles are by definition slightly condensed to fit the space we have available, but I can happily witter on for ages here.

Cheers and Im looking forward to seeing it.

Jonners

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Jon Kunac-Tabinor said:

Gambrinus, and of course you can ask me too. :)

Sorry just seen this. I probably have more images of the conversion, and the mag articles are by definition slightly condensed to fit the space we have available, but I can happily witter on for ages here.

Cheers and Im looking forward to seeing it.

Jonners

Hi Jonners.

Thank you very much for your offer. I would like to get back to you, when the project is ready.

I do feel rather humble. however, showing my completed model in this distinguished company.

Cheers

Christian

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Gambrinus said:

Hi Jonners.

Thank you very much for your offer. I would like to get back to you, when the project is ready.

I do feel rather humble. however, showing my completed model in this distinguished company.

Cheers

Christian

And please do drop me a PM if you need stuff.

Jonners

• Like 1