Hunting Pembroke Mk54. German Air Force.

Hello all. Had a bit of a break for various reasons but have got back into it and here is the latest from the shed. I started this 7 months ago but then found I had inadvertently thrown the Instructions away. Only recently I found where I could peruse them in an online shop that shows the contents of kits they have for sale, as a result I’ve managed to finish it. The kit is one of the earlier offerings from Special Hobby so needed a lot of cleaning up before assembly and is OOB other than Crystal Clear windows, toothbrush bristle static wicks and scratch aerials. Its finished entirely with Colour Coats paints sealed with an Xtracolor varnish.

The model depicts an aircraft from 4 Sqn. No.61 Telecommunications Training and Test Regiment based at Lechfeld from 1968-1975.

Hope you like it.

Petespacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks for looking

Pete

• Like 68
  • Thanks 3

What a glorious Pembroke Pete!  Quite rare to see built examples on BM and other modelling sites but you have certainly done it justice,  You've reminded me also that I have an SH Pembroke in the RAF 60 sqn scheme to finish, that has been languishing on my shelf of doom for about 10 years :(

Thanks for showing what can be done with a limited run kit.

Mark

• Thanks 1

On 25/09/2022 at 10:58, canberraman said:

What a glorious Pembroke Pete!  Quite rare to see built examples on BM and other modelling sites but you have certainly done it justice,  You've reminded me also that I have an SH Pembroke in the RAF 60 sqn scheme to finish, that has been languishing on my shelf of doom for about 10 years

Thanks Mark. I like to do the rarer stuff and like you this had been sitting in the stash for a good few years. I look forward to seeing your 60 Sqn. version on here soon?

Pete

18 hours ago, Doc72 said:

Very nice model from a certainly not so easy-to-build kit.

BTW the Pembrokes from this unit also had a SIGINT/ELINT-role. This probably adds some further interest to this aircraft.

Thanks very much. I presume the unit did a bit of border flying and corridor bashing as part of the SIGINT/ELINT-role? Always interesting work!

Pete

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pete in a shed said:

Thanks very much. I presume the unit did a bit of border flying and corridor bashing as part of the SIGINT/ELINT-role? Always interesting work!

Pete

Border flying certainly yes, but most likely no flights through the Berlin corridors because West German aircraft (civil and military) were not allowed to fly to West Berlin during the Cold War. Odd times ...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ForestFan said:

Lovely job, I’ve got this kit in the stash but have heard some people comment that it’s a real pain to put together.

Thank you.

Indeed, there is much pain to be had! Prepare to fettle!! (while humming 'we will overcome').😄

• Haha 1

Splendid model. Its a scheme I anned to do if I could ever find another kit.  I have built two previously. One in Belgian colours can the other as an RAF example. Prompted find my photos snd post them here in RFI.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Paul J said:

Splendid model. Its a scheme I anned to do if I could ever find another kit.  I have built two previously. One in Belgian colours can the other as an RAF example. Prompted find my photos snd post them here in RFI.

Thank you

Yes they are a bit difficult to come by these days. I nearly went for the Belgian example as the all white scheme looks very smart. Would like to see your two if you can find the pics.

Pete

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/09/2022 at 10:19, Pete in a shed said:

Thank you

Yes they are a bit difficult to come by these days. I nearly went for the Belgian example as the all white scheme looks very smart. Would like to see your two if you can find the pics.

Pete

Found my pics of the Belgian one. Still 'hunting' ( see what I did there)out the RAF ones.

42mk2B.jpg

koMKHP.jpg

GCwBz4.jpg

• Like 2