1/350 Type VII C u-boat (III)

Here is my latest completed project, I say project but in truth these subs are so small they could be knocked out pretty quickly. This is the Revell version, overall pretty easy to build and quite detailed really, even if the edges are a bit soft. I've taken an age with it as its essentially a keep your sanity project whilst working on my two carriers which have been slowly stalling. So finishing this off has also been a mojo restarter thankfully. I added eduard etch set for it which is basically railing and a couple of small details and a little bit of rigging aside that its out the box. She's pained by brush  with humbrol and colour coats, then  tried a pin wash on top of windsor and newton galleria gloss coat - didn't go well so it because a general all over wash, maybe it needed more gloss to work better. I matt coated it using W+N galleria again, I find it doesn't brush on well so I'll airbrush it next time. Overall its come out okay I guess, might do another one at some point, 

y4m5nnYgVpe6kSzvEsXjHCH3Dn3lWfkS-0QYrqt9

y4m5tD2XWqRviLSukl7PdWf60BSUTVYGbl9uVW2A

y4mZvVVoIUpPkx51qg9lEwdWycs3IeEvawenETt4

y4mYZCO7HuZIphz-mqP6vFQCq5zcq89y4OKBF2WB

y4mYHWQi-aV9a5qeTPfCucSbrqzZIlIdVHU4VxAr

Thanks for looking

Sam

Edited by S-boat 55
  • Like 24

10 minutes ago, Bertie McBoatface said:

She's a beauty. Sinister looking but still lovely lines. Good result. Now, get back to the carriers!

Thanks, I will, I will, I want to get them done for the end of the year,  the plan to put them in the comp at Telfird has long since slid but by Christmas will do instead, 🙂

Edited by S-boat 55
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 02/02/2023 at 20:58, bissyboat said:

I did the same sub 7 years, but I almost butchered the model. Your take on it is top drawer. 🙌

Thanks, I'll readily admit that it is more by chance than anything, 

Edited by S-boat 55