Royal Hellenic rounders for twin engine aircraft

28ZComeback

Hello, 

I am building a 1/48 Greek transport and seek 1941 style roundel decals. Can someone suggest a source?  Some manufacturers carry Greek decals for Spitfires and Blenheims but those decals are too small for my project. Thank John. 

Here is a thought.  I've been able to do this a few times and it works OK.  First I would have to assume that you are looking for the same style of roundels as what they use know, blue white blue.  Figure out the size you would need and using presentation software, like Powerpoint, and make up the roundels you would need.  Of course you won't have the white.  Take a blank sheet of decal paper and a flash drive that has a pdf file of your artwork to a Staples or Office Depot.  They can print the stuff out for you at an inexpensive price, or maybe even for free (they've done that for me several times).  Paint a white circle, or lay down a white circle decal if you have any generic shape decals (try Fantasy Printshop for those) and put your printed decal of the blue rings over the white area.  Draw Decals also does custom work and you could have him do the circles separate from the blue rings.  Makes it a little easier for him to do.  I am doing that with Swiss AF roundels for a 32nd scale Mirage IIIs.

Later,

Dave

• Thanks 1

Here are some decals for Greek C-47s from the late 1940s-early 1950s. Perhaps they’re still of use?

https://www.lmdecals.gr/index.php/en/1-72-scale-decals/aircraft/388-c47-dakota-skytrain-hellenic-air-force-rhaf-korean-war-haf

Otherwise, how about some Anson decals?

https://www.lmdecals.gr/index.php/en/x-series-en/military-aircraft/420-avro-anson-haf-hellenic-greek-air-force-wwii-1940

Edited by Blimpyboy
  • Thanks 1