Airco DH.2 scratchbuild completed

I will not go for the old joke about gigantic matches.

This is the most impressive build I have seen for a long time. Even with the match and coin it is hard to understand how small it is.

Great work. Looking forward to see the Nieuport coming.

• Like 2

I usually just scroll through the aircraft section, and leave a "like" at the end, but every now and then, a model just jumps out at you as amazing. If this was a kit, it would be brilliant, if it was a larger scale, it would be brilliant, but 1/144th, and scratch built???? That is truly amazing. One of the best aircraft that I've seen on here. Very well done.

John.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

And that is the net-spot (Britmodeller.com, I mean), where I can watch the outstanding masterpieces of the people, I can write about with capital letters: The Model Creators.

Mr Putty Animal, it must be pleasing to have admirerers around the globe! Your DH.2 is... well... the one and only. Keep showing us more, we're patient, we'll wait.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was cycling up a mountain in Tenerife a few years ago in a good state of fitness (for me). Going about as fast as I could go, and yet still maintain a good cadence.

Then, one by one, I was overtaken by team Sky riders, including the rider who won the Tour de France later in the same year.

They weren't passing me in a group. They were individually going at what looked like their simulated race-pace, and so were split up.

I was riding at around 8mph on the climb, and they were passing me doing around 15 mph, which felt

scarcely conceivable. When I checked later, one of the riders posted on Strava, and had done my 30 minute climb in 17 minutes.

As added context, I used to race, and over time I've maintained a certain level of competence. 

Why am I posting a long and possibly un-interesting cycling reference in a modelling thread?

Well, seeing your tiny scratch-built model gives me exactly the same momentous feeling as that day in Tenerife.

Being shown a level of mastery of a subject beyond a point I have -or can ever have- access to, is what it feels like.

And I'm completely accepting of that.  And also full of admiration 👍

Edited by Winded Penguin
grammar
  • Like 9

7 minutes ago, Winded Penguin said:

I was cycling up a mountain in Tenerife a few years ago in a good state of fitness (for me). Going about as fast as I could go, and yet still maintain a good cadence.

Then, one by one, I was overtaken by team Sky riders, including the rider who won the Tour de France later in the same year.

They weren't passing me in a group. They were individually going at what looked like their race-pace, and so were split up.

I was riding at around 8mph on the climb, and they were passing me doing around 15 mph, which felt

scarcely conceivable. When I checked later, one of the riders posted on Strava, and had done my 30 minute climb in 17 minutes.

As added context, I used to race, and over time I've maintained a certain level of competence. 

Why am I posting a long and possibly un-interesting cycling reference in a modelling thread?

Well, seeing your tiny scratch-built model gives me exactly the same momentous feeling as that day in Tenerife.

A level of mystery of a subject beyond a point I have -or will ever have- access to, is what it feels like.

And I'm completely accepting of that.  And also full of admiration 👍

I'm with you on that, though I couldn't manage 8mph though!

Incredible build!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1