1/32 Tamiya Civvie Mustang ZK-CCG

Hi all, as many of you know I have had a challenging few months with sickness, redundancy, new job, writing my vehicle off in an accident with my son in the car etc.  I have been off the forums for a while but needed a 'Quick Build' to get my Mojo going.  

Here I present you with the Tamiya 1/32 Mustang I decided to build for a good friend who has been my certifying engineer on my own 1:1 Auster T.7 rebuild.  This was their family's plane in the late 60's early 70's.  She sadly got sold overseas and now flies with Kermit Weeks as "Cripes A Mighty 3rd"  She was much admired and loved by the public and owners before she left our shores. She was always well presented and kept in immaculate condition.

I tried to build OOB but ended up using some of Roy's (Barracuda Studios) bits and Ventura Publications gorgeous new decal sheet.  I have to say the quality of Ventura here was amazing.  I also used Mr Color for all the paint.  Sorry I didnt do a WiP as I was just doing it for mental health reasons....and actually finished it LOL!  Anyway I hope he and you guys like it.  I suspect it will be gone in a week or 2.

Back to the 32nd RAF FG.1 conversion again now!

Thanks for looking

IWYzym.jpg

Ymhfrh.jpg

Outside shots taken this morning

J3yNhZ.jpg

CovrPe.jpg

dOjjBN.jpg

07wny8.jpg

Mp5OlW.jpg

l7SfaB.jpg

C7Mvmf.jpg

yNbYIr.jpg

vUjv05.jpg

9tsycg.jpg

riJPNp.jpg

QICnvx.jpg

sQQdjr.jpg

yxiCLH.jpg

zzhEYH.jpg

nkTwKY.jpg

RS7QeX.jpg

W1c6iR.jpg

pDdQVd.jpg

Because she was so beautifully maintained and cleaned after each flight I really struggled no to weather some more....

Cheers Anthony

• Like 47
  • Thanks 3

I think this is the first completed model I have seen of yours, Anthony. It looks just as expected. Flawless. I have been following the progress on your BK117 over the years and look forward to seeing that completed in the future. I hope all is well after your car accident.

BM.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Alpha Delta 210 said:

Beautiful build of a stunning plane in a stylish, but simple scheme! 

I'm sure that your friend was delighted with it.

Thank you very much, I hope he likes it too!

11 hours ago, Fred piket said:

Beautiful build, and perfect representation of the actual plane. Nice and clean, just as you expect from a plane which is well maintained.

yes I really wanted to add more washes in the panel lines and oil streaks, but she was wiped clean after each flight, thanks again!

10 hours ago, Farmerboy said:

Yabby dabby doo! That is a beauty. Immaculate white( so hard to do ) good job!

Thank you sir!  yes was a little tricky and I couldnt bring myself to give her a gloss finish as it just wouldnt look right in scale, 

8 hours ago, mark.au said:

Absolutely stunning.

Thanks buddy!

7 hours ago, hopkp said:

That looks really neat.....

I'd also have to say that I've never seen anyone refer to the Tamiya 1/32 P-51D as a 'quick build' before; getting one of those done would take me the best part of a year!

LOL it was a quick build for me (still a couple of months) ...also because I rarely complete anything also lol

5 hours ago, Troffa said:

What an absolute belter! Spectacular build of this "Cadillac of the skies"   I Love your work Sir, it's an inspiration.

Happy trails, 

Troffa

Awwww thanks mate!  I am champing at the bit to get more done on the big Toom again, just doing some research on the radar scope between the back seaters legs

3 hours ago, Samuraiwarrior said:

That is a beautiful rendition of a beautiful aircraft. Sublime finish with that paintwork. 

Thanks you very much....you would think white would be easy, but there is a bit more involved.  Does look a little stark in some of those sunny outside shots, but not so much back inside.

2 hours ago, Fritag said:

Gorgeous, crisp, clean and immaculate.

Thank you sir!  That's a real compliment coming from such a master like yourself!  I am back on studying the Toom before my next steps...

Thanks again everyone it means a lot...you guys are awesome!

Cheers Anthony

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Blue Monday said:

I think this is the first completed model I have seen of yours, Anthony. It looks just as expected. Flawless. I have been following the progress on your BK117 over the years and look forward to seeing that completed in the future. I hope all is well after your car accident.

BM.

LOL yeah I dont finish many, I tend to get bogged down.  I have finished a few in the past few years.  This is the Tamiya 1/48 I built for the museum restoring this very airframe

x86pxa.jpg

b2fatP.jpg

x86pxa.jpg

FQ7iEs.jpg

1/48 75th Anniversary RNZAF Skyhawk with lots of Aires for a friend

PO92yv.jpg

And a Tamiya Spitfire my son and I did together 3 or 4 years ago

xCQI1K.jpg

bEeeqR.jpg

dXZp1z.jpg

RzENcg.jpg

Thanks for your kind comments, I still often think about the 1/32 Westpac Rescue BK-117 and finishing it!

Cheers Anthony

• Like 10