For me there can only be one choice of an a/c for this build.

Spitfire L1004 in its 3rd incarnation as MK XIII PR Prototype. This followed its birth as a MK I and then conversion to a MK V. It didnt end life as a MK XIII but thats a story for another day!

She appears in dads logbook during her life prior to being the PR prototype and I eventually plan to build her in all four of her "lives".

This will be a big challenge for me as I have only completed two kits since my return to the hobby after decades away. 

Never cut holes etc in kits before or added "extra" bits so it could all end badly 😳.....but if you dont push yourself you will never improve 😀.

Must say I'm glad its not in the what shade is that PR Blue or Pink!

Kit & Logbook PR #2 PR #1

Edited by KiwiJohn
  • Like 10

Nice choice, you can never have too many Spitfires and looking forward to seeing this progress.  The idea of doing all four stages is good, doing the same with a Sea Gladiator over its 3 stages too.

Nice also to have your personal connection too.

Good luck with your build.

Chris

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

Nice choice, you can never have too many Spitfires and looking forward to seeing this progress.  The idea of doing all four stages is good, doing the same with a Sea Gladiator over its 3 stages too.

Nice also to have your personal connection too.

Good luck with your build.

Chris

Thanks Chris good luck with your 3...yea poor old L1004 was a real development hack 🤣

• Like 1

The Airfix kit is a decent starting point John with only the fit of the fuel tank cover to watch out for so will give you a solid base for this worthy conversion. Great to see a subject with a personal connection as well :thumbsup:

• Like 1