Two new tooling from Tamiya at All-Japan Show

IT_Man

9 hours ago, Ray_W said:

Mr Tamiya, please do not release an F-8 seeing I have just picked up the Hasegawa F-8E re-release with a stack of aftermarket. 

Mr. Tamiya please ignore this and release an RF-8A and an RF-8G Photo Crusader.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Furthermore, one of the announced items will be on display at the upcoming Orange County IPMS Orange Con model contest in Southern, California, taking place on October 2, which Tamiya America will be a part of. We will have this exciting new product on display for all local attendees to peek at.

If anybody is in the Southern California area this weekend, OrangeCon is Sunday.

Location: The Double Tree By Hilton (ex-Holiday Inn),  7000 Beach Blvd,  Buena Park, CA 90620  (Immediatly off the 91 Fwy at Beach Blvd.)

I'll be several hundred miles north, visiting some Lodi CA wineries! 🍷

Only two days now 'til the big disappointment reveal gang when we can all complain about it being the wrong subject/scale/variant/schemes/price/detail level ;) 

• Haha 6

3 hours ago, Col. said:

Only two days now 'til the big disappointment reveal gang when we can all complain about it being the wrong subject/scale/variant/schemes/price/detail level ;) 

Don't forget about the unnecessary chromed parts or radio control.

Tony

• Like 1

The big disappointment will be because it's Tamiya it will be totally buildable, beautiful to look at and leaving you wanting more.

There's no fun left anymore. :whistle::devil:

Dick 

• Haha 6

9 hours ago, Col. said:

For my wallet and conscience what would be a relief.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, ABeck said:

.....   question mark

answer: a 1/35 B-26 Marauder (start of a new line) or a 1/56 Do-24 (also a new line).

The only problem is that the Do-24 will be a waterline kit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

So the new releases everyone has awaited so eagerly are a 1/12 Ducati Superleggera V4 bike, a 1/35 A34 Comet tank, and a 1/24 Nissan Z sports coupe? No 1/72 P-38, or Yak-9/VK-105 series either? Dang... The bike looks pretty amazing, though!

John

Aha - my mistake! I should have hung in on those Japanese as a Second Language lessons. Or even the English as a First Language lessons. So there's still hope for the P-38, then? Or the Yak-9 series, around about the time climate change in Hell allows them to bid on the Winter Olympics?

John

• Haha 3

Meh... there's at least one good news with this announcement. I won't be feeling guilty about spending a lot of money on a kit,as this one I will give it a hard pass. Boring subject, ugly aircraft and Italeri had just released one. Wasted opportunity to release one of a bunch of way more interesting subjects and much more in need of a new toolingAnother F-35...What a disappointment...

• Like 2

That's what I like about Tamiya, consistency in always a slightly left field subject that manages to please some and disappoint others ;)

Interesting choice, not my normal sphere but I may bite with this one, because its Tamiya.

I think we can close this soon as the actual threads discussing the known choices are spooling up or will shortly spool up.

No more discussion on the F-35 please take it to the dedicated thread, it will just be deleted here, not moved.

• Like 1

• Greg B locked and unlocked this topic
12 minutes ago, Homebee said:

Tamiya stand pictures here:

Interesting, also releasing what appears to be a rebox F-35B Kit no. 38103 with Cartograf decals. Italeri?

Tamiya F-35B

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Greg B said:

No more discussion on the F-35 please take it to the dedicated thread, it will just be deleted here, not moved.

Hi Greg, Seems a B as well. Italeri rebox? So posted it here. Ray