Two new tooling from Tamiya at All-Japan Show

IT_Man

22 hours ago, alt-92 said:

different spine is needed regardless, boom tanker receptacle. 
Incidentally, most Air Force F-4's in 1/48 are from the previous millenium, we could use a new Rhino with 21st century tooling. 

Most are from the previous millennium??? Academy's F-4C/D came out in 2013 and the ZM kits were released a couple of years ago. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just announce a 32nd scale BF109F/G or an FW190 and await the avalanche of money......

or really left field, a classic Japanese Motorcycle in 6th scale with a pile of "detail up add ons" such as a Kawasaki Z1 900 Super Four or be still my beating heart if it happened that Cathedral organ of Motorcycles the Honda CBX.............

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, rob said:

Just announce a 32nd scale BF109F/G or an FW190 and await the avalanche of money......

or really left field, a classic Japanese Motorcycle in 6th scale with a pile of "detail up add ons" such as a Kawasaki Z1 900 Super Four or be still my beating heart if it happened that Cathedral organ of Motorcycles the Honda CBX.............

Probably true, but if the new releases includes a jet aircraft I would be delighted (and inevitably broke!) should Tamiya follow-up its remarkable 1/48 F-4B Phantom with an F-4J. I used to be strictly 1/32 but along comes a Meng F-4G Weasel on the heels of an Airfix Buccaneer S.2C and 1/48 is becoming so attractive: such stonkingly good kits.

And the outsider — a quarter inch scale LTV A-7E SLUF — would swing it for me too. Oh yes, it definitely would.

Tony 

Edited by tony.t
I was seeing double
  • Like 3

I wouldn't be surprised to see a new large scale automotive kit - it's been five years since they did a new 1/6 scale motorbike, and nine years since they did a 1/12 scale car. A new 1/32 scale aircraft also seems due, as it's been seven years since the Mosquito came out. There hasn't been a new 1/350 scale ship since 2011, or a 1/700 scale one since 2017, so those are possibilities as well. The last 1/72 scale aircraft (apart from the reissue of the Italeri F-35B) was the Bf 109G-6 in 2019.

And the answer is......................................................................................................

Well I wasn't expecting that !!!  

Now how many can I get past the wife :whistle:

Dick

• Haha 1

With the new Ducati Superleggera having only recently reached the shops I doubt we're due another bike so soon after. Although I certainly wouldn't mind if that was one of the announcements.

1 hour ago, jenko said:

And the answer is......................................................................................................

Well I wasn't expecting that !!!  

Now how many can I get past the wife :whistle:

Dick

Spill Man, Spill...........

6 hours ago, spfparker said:

1/12 Max Vertappens 2021 Red Bull Honda....

Tamiya seem to have a thing for Ferrari so maybe this year's F1-75? Will be the first F1 model where the driver is moulded crying......

Edited by br60066
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

I am happy with anything. It seems recent Tamiya kits have been doing a great job of making me part with my money - so, if it is a subject I want (or will come to want because they have done it so darn well), I win, as I get what I want. And, if it is a subject I do not want, I also win, I'll save some money.

Having said that a Tamiya rendition of a 1/48 A-20 would be nice. Asking too much I know. Well I did knock my expectation back a little. Otherwise, I would of said a B-26. Mr Tamiya, please do not release an F-8 seeing I have just picked up the Hasegawa F-8E re-release with a stack of aftermarket.  

Not long to wait now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ray_W said:

I am happy with anything. It seems recent Tamiya kits have been doing a great job of making me part with my money - so, if it is a subject I want (or will come to want because they have done it so darn well), I win, as I get what I want. And, if it is a subject I do not want, I also win, I'll save some money.

Having said that a Tamiya rendition of a 1/48 A-20 would be nice. Asking too much I know. Well I did knock my expectation back a little. Otherwise, I would of said a B-26. Mr Tamiya, please do not release an F-8 seeing I have just picked up the Hasegawa F-8E re-release with a stack of aftermarket.  

Not long to wait now.

I think IF Tamiya were going to do another vintage USN jet. My $ would be on the A-4 as they can see Hasegawa’s are popular, early version's are virtually non-existent, and Hasegawa just-popped their Crusader. 

• Like 1

From the 1/35 armour'n'stuff perspective... 

1/35 T-34/76 - most likely a 1941/42 variant

1/35 M3 half-track variant, as suggested above (personnel or mortar carrier?)

1/35 KV-1B (up-armoured KV1... they done both the KV-1 & KV-2 in recent years)

1/35 M5 Stuart variant (they did release a new M3 a while back)

Less likely:

1/35 SU-100 tank destroyer

1/35 M113 APC variant

1/35 Marder II tank destroyer

Anyhoos, let's wait and see.

• Like 1