Two new tooling from Tamiya at All-Japan Show

IT_Man

From September 30-October 2, the event will be taking place at Tokyo Big Sight South Exhibition Halls 1 and 2.

So, what All-New items will TAMIYA announce? We cannot tell you quite yet! However, we can say two of the subjects are completely new with brand new tooling!

https://www.tamiyausa.com/blog/all-japan-model-hobby-show-2022/

The way it's worded could mean there are some variants of existing kits. Maybe another Phantom?

New tools I'm thinking a down-scaled Spitfire Mk. I to 1/72 and an M3 Half-Track in 1/35. (Pure guesswork!)

Of course it could well be motorbike or car kits. And they've not done a new ship for a while!

• Like 1

1/72nd scale Sea Harrier FRS.1 :D

No? 32nd scale then :)

Unlikely I know but what's wrong with a wee bit of daft dreaming ;) If it's going to be a feature of the US show it will most likely be a US subject so an F-4 or scaled down P-38 could be good shouts.

• Like 4

I'm pretty certain one of them will be another Phantom variant , it's been a while since the F-4B was released and Tamiya released the various Tomcat versions on approx 2 yearly intervals, so it could well be another F-4, the easiest option would be an F-4N but that wouldn't require that much of a modification and couldn't rightly be called a new tooling, so maybe it's a thick wing version, a J or C/D?

• Like 2

I don't think we'll see any new 1/72 models. Rather new versions of some earlier 1/48 plane kits and something on wheels or tracks. 

I'd love to see 1/72 Spitfire Mk.I and Lightning but it seems that Tamiya decided not to make any new kits in this scale.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, B_Bogus said:

After their announcement of the Comet Tank

Give me hope that that after having done the research, it will be scaled down to 1/48.  

1 hour ago, cmatthewbacon said:

1/48 Centurion is a really good call.

was mooted as 100th release in the 1/48th armour series.   But wasn't.

Has an interesting service history,  Korea, Vietnam, Middle east...  IIRC they are all similar versions, (ie do-able easily from basic sprues)...

2 hours ago, DominikS said:

I'd love to see 1/72 Spitfire Mk.I and Lightning but it seems that Tamiya decided not to make any new kits in this scale.

Although their 1/72 Bf-109G-6 is a relatively new tooling, so I wouldn’t be too dismissive that they have shelved this scale for now. Let’s hope not anyway. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Adam Poultney said:

Vulcan b1 and Victor b1 if I had my way. But I'm sure I won't get my way :(

No worries if you hope and Dream, sometimes they even come true. 

Personally Im hoping for a series of late F4U Corsair's starting with the -4/-5 then we can get the AU-1 & -7’s. I’ll take it in either one of the three scales, 1/32-1/48-1/72. 

• Like 1

I've been lobbying Tamiya for several years to do a 1/48 Dodge WC 54 Meat Wagon.  The molds could easily be modified into a Dodge Weapons Carrier, Command Car, 37mm Anti-Tank Gun Carriage, etc., etc.  To me this one would be a license to print money and would easily join the other 48th WWII kits for Armor and Aircraft Dioramas.  Cheers!

• Like 2

If it's armour I'd really like a M-3 halftrack. And for aircrafts I'll add my wildest rambling dream, wish, a F7F Tigercat (as I think it's useless to wait for a Lizzie, Battle or Hampden from Tam).

As for cars, a Jaguar E-type would make my day.

• Like 3