My First attempt at posting, Airfix Beaufighter TFX 1/72 in SEAC Colours

Hi All,

Just wanted to have a go at posting one of my latest builds here on BM. This is my first attempt both posting, sharing images. Probably got a lot to learn, but here's my toe in the water.

The kit is the Airfix Beaufighter TFX in 1/72. I found this a great kit, and have built it more or less OOB. Did add a plastic sprue for heater tube in cockpit, some wine foil seatbelts, some EZ-line for the ariel, oh, and a small lense for the landing light. Kit decals used, which behaved impeccably with some  gentle use of Microsol/Set. Also cheated on masking of cockpit with some peewit masks.

Kit is painted mainly in Tamiya Acrylics, Flory panel wash, Oil dot filters and staining, Vallejo Matt/Satin varnish mix.

Hope you approve of my first attempt. Welcome any feedback you could give for the next time.

Thanks for looking, Kevin

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png  

• Like 36

7 hours ago, Ed Russell said:

It looks very nice but you need to work out how to post larger pictures so we can really appreciate it. There are threads in FAQ and Help and Support about how to do it.

Thanks Ed, 

Will take your advice and try to get the images bigger. Must admit I was a bit disappointed with the initial size of my pictures. If I can work out how to get larger sizes, I will repost the pictures. 

Thanks for the advice on my first time. 

Kevin 

7 hours ago, dogsbody said:

Yes! We need bigger photos. This ol' codger can barely see any details.

Chris

Hi Chris, 

Yep, noted! 

Will be following Ed's advice to get bigger pics, and if I can will repost them so that you are better able to see them. 

Thanks for your message, it is encouraging to have feedback. 

Thanks, 

Kevin 

44 minutes ago, Pete in a shed said:

Looks very nice Kevin.

When I first joined I used the very useful information in FAQs about how to post photos. I use One Drive and the instructions on how to do it were spot on. Here's the link, I hope it helps.

Pete

Hi Pete, 

Thanks very much for the link. I will have a look tonight and see what I can do. 

Your help is much appreciated. 

Thanks Kevin 

• Like 1

Hi All,

Had a little play around and managed to get this image in enlarged format. Still having problems getting a second one to follow it, but I will persevere.

Thanks to all those who gave advice, pointed me in right direction. A way to go but getting there.

Thanks 

Kevin

spacer.png

• Like 11