Heinkel He112 B-1 - RS Models 1/72

A work of some time ago; the RS kit is good, but, like all models of this type, it requires some modifications and a fair number of additions, particularly in the area of the engine and its radiator and in that of the wheel wells.

01 10 SCR

The rather bare cockpit also needs numerous additions. The wheels in the kit are too small, so they have been replaced with those of a Bf109 F.

02 10

The model represents a B-1 from Industrieschützstaffel, a squadron formed by the pilots of the company a protection of the Heinkel factory in Rostock-Marienehe in September 1939.

He112 B-1 '+1'  00  2012

He112 B-1 '+1'  03+

He112 B-1 '+1'  04

The camo is in RLM02 (or RLM63) integral (mixture of Humbrol Enamels), entirely brushpainted;

He112 B-1 '+1'  20

He112 B-1 '+1'  22

He112 B-1 '+1'  25

the decals are partly those of the RS, partly come from other sheets and the one relating to the indications of the flaps on the left wing was printed by me.

He112 B-1 '+1'  26

Hope you like it.
Thanks for your attention.
Criticisms and suggestions welcome.
Giampiero Piva

• Like 69
  • Thanks 1

Excellent detailing! This really is outstanding work in 1/72, Giampiero. The modern features of the fighter (360° canopy!) are very well represented in your model.

• Thanks 1

Nice modeling on this one! Love the scratchbuilt extras too. How did you handle the canopy on your RS kit? I recall it was quite the challenge to get it to fit correctly.

Hi Giampiero,

this is great build. I am glad you took care of the canopy which has height problem and this is the most visible fault of RS kit.

Actually, I think this is the first build of RS kit with corrected canopy that I am aware of. Great!

I would like to ask you if you could show us how did you fabricate this part:

1eAiFFh.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MarkoZG said:

Hi Giampiero,

this is great build. I am glad you took care of the canopy which has height problem and this is the most visible fault of RS kit.

Actually, I think this is the first build of RS kit with corrected canopy that I am aware of. Great!

I would like to ask you if you could show us how did you fabricate this part:

1eAiFFh.jpg

Thanks; for the Atemgerät : sprue, plastic rod, an old photoetched part, copper wire.

HTH

Giampiero

A most excellent He 112, detailed and brush painted by a perfectionist!

Regarding Clashcityrocker's remark above, one might be tempted to call the Spitfire a British Heinkel. It's alleged that R.J. Mitchell was inspired by the Günter brothers' Heinkel He 70, when it comes to the elliptic wing planform of the Supermarine Type 300.

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Congratulations for the great model and thank you for the tutorial! Were the exhausts you`ve used made specifically for the He 112B or were they the same as for other fighters? I`m looking to build one myself and that`s one of the things I`d like to improve on mine too.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fin said:

Congratulations for the great model and thank you for the tutorial! Were the exhausts you`ve used made specifically for the He 112B or were they the same as for other fighters? I`m looking to build one myself and that`s one of the things I`d like to improve on mine too.

Thank you; the exhaust are not intended specifically for the He112, but are very similar to the real ones.

On 22/09/2022 at 07:00, Giampiero Piva said:

A work of some time ago; the RS kit is good, but, like all models of this type, it requires some modifications and a fair number of additions, particularly in the area of the engine and its radiator and in that of the wheel wells.

01 10 SCR

The rather bare cockpit also needs numerous additions. The wheels in the kit are too small, so they have been replaced with those of a Bf109 F.

02 10

The model represents a B-1 from Industrieschützstaffel, a squadron formed by the pilots of the company a protection of the Heinkel factory in Rostock-Marienehe in September 1939.

He112 B-1 '+1'  00  2012

He112 B-1 '+1'  03+

He112 B-1 '+1'  04

The camo is in RLM02 (or RLM63) integral (mixture of Humbrol Enamels), entirely brushpainted;

He112 B-1 '+1'  20

He112 B-1 '+1'  22

He112 B-1 '+1'  25

the decals are partly those of the RS, partly come from other sheets and the one relating to the indications of the flaps on the left wing was printed by me.

He112 B-1 '+1'  26

Hope you like it.
Thanks for your attention.
Criticisms and suggestions welcome.
Giampiero Piva

Well done.

Alain

• Thanks 1

On 23/09/2022 at 10:11, Spitfire31 said:

A most excellent He 112, detailed and brush painted by a perfectionist!

Regarding Clashcityrocker's remark above, one might be tempted to call the Spitfire a British Heinkel. It's alleged that R.J. Mitchell was inspired by the Günter brothers' Heinkel He 70, when it comes to the elliptic wing planform of the Supermarine Type 300.

Kind regards,

Joachim

Maybe this one:

52383861483_37739824c8_b.jpg

Chris

• Thanks 1