Heinkel He 112B seat and seatbelts?

Fin

Also I have this. I think the original source is from Squadron/Signal's He-112 in Action.

Heinkel He-112

I can't vouch for its accuracy. But, if the German artists were correct with their often used sectional view of the He-112.

Here it is from Flight Magazine

He-112 sectional view

Here it is from a German postcard:

He-112 sectional view v2

And here it is in close-up from the original:

He-112 sectional view v3

I'd say, in lieu of better information, it is something to work with.

Ray

• Thanks 2

Thank you very much!

From that drawing it would seem the barrel of the MG-FF goes right through the landing gear bay, next to the wheel. Not sure if to interpret that cutaway section in the sense that there`s a tube protecting it or that the barrel of the cannon is actually going through there exposed. By any chance, do you have some drawing of the wheels bay area viewed from underside?

Edited by Fin

11 minutes ago, Fin said:

By any chance, do you have some drawing of the wheels bay area viewed from underside?

Apologies I have not got a lot but these may help. One thing about the wing is a Spitfire's it ain't. Not to be fooled by the nice elliptical pattern. Seems more Hurricanesque, I dare not say He-111'ish 😉. I have not seen the data but I expect the He-112 has a wing with a significantly greater chord to length ratio than a Spitfire and has sufficient room to pack the MG barrel above the locked up strut and shield it. 🤔 mmm ... another worthy subject for me to look up. I must add that to my "to do" list if I could only find where my list ends.

Wing Underside

He-112 Wheel Wells

Wing Topside Skinning removed.

He-112 Wing Structure

He-112 Undercarriage

Ray

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Wow! That`s much more detail than I was hoping to get with this thread. 🙂 Thank you so much! Could I ask your opinion on two more things?

1. do you think the exhausts of the He 112 B are basically the same (for the 1/72 scale at least) with those of the Bf 109 E? I`m using the Heller kit which is worth improving in this regard I think and since there are exhaust aftermarkets for the Emil available...

2. do you have a picture that shows the area in front of the supercharger air intake (no. 4 in the drawing above)? I`ve seen an illustration of a Spanish machine that shows a bump there, but it`s an area I haven`t seen clearly in a photo and the drawing depicts as being smooth.

17 hours ago, Fin said:

1. do you think the exhausts of the He 112 B are basically the same (for the 1/72 scale at least) with those of the Bf 109 E? I`m using the Heller kit which is worth improving in this regard I think and since there are exhaust aftermarkets for the Emil available...

I would not say I was expert on the type, however, if it was me and I was trying to improve the appearance of the individual exhaust stubs, then an aftermarket Emil set looks like a good option. Very similar. Possibly the same supplier?

He-112 B1 Nose

17 hours ago, Fin said:

2. do you have a picture that shows the area in front of the supercharger air intake (no. 4 in the drawing above)? I`ve seen an illustration of a Spanish machine that shows a bump there, but it`s an area I haven`t seen clearly in a photo and the drawing depicts as being smooth.

The top of the engine cowling and the transition into the supercharger seems to have had a number of iterations. Without better photo evidence, I would go with the small transition like so:

He-112 B

And as given in this sectional view.

He-112 Suprcharger Intake

Ray

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• 1 month later...