Revell Porsche 914-6

PatW

Having  built a few of these over decades, and having one on the shelf, following my Porsche build series recently. I added a scratchbuilt  rollcage and alloy exhaust pipes. I've canted the kit number decals at 45 degrees on the bonnet and engine lid, just to be different.

photo-vi.jpg

photo-vi.jpg

photo1-vi.jpg

Having had problems previously with fitting the engine lid I added it before the body chassis connection.

A couple of previous ones, built leaving out various chassis, axle parts due to difficult builds of this kit.

photo1-vi.jpg 

and a rat rod barn find daily driver!

photo1-vi.jpg

• Like 16

Thanks Trevor. It was my favourite road car, pity I coudn't afford one, it's mid-engined set up made it handle better than the 911/912 versions with the engine 'out the back'.

3 hours ago, PatW said:

it's mid-engined set up made it handle better than the 911/912 versions with the engine 'out the back'.

& I believe that the 914-6 went very acceptably quickly too. Quirky it's styling may have been, I could have lived with it, alas, I never saw one in New Zealand & can't recall seeing one in two years of driving Europe in the early 80s but very possibly I did. I hadn't been properly educated in car spotting then :) :D

Steve.

Yes Gary, I had one spray tin of Plasti-Kote left in Metalic Blue as suggested in the plans.

• Like 1

Thanks Vesa Jussila. Yes one of the best handling Porsches due to the mid-engine layout.

Great collection of 914s, one of my faves, my friend has just sold a lovely black 1971 914, gutted as I couldn't afford it, unless I sold my Fastback and that ain't happening!!!  A well and truly overlooked car, but prices are shooting up now.

Great work on these.

Chris

Thanks bigbadbadge. Yes just as I've noticed with values and I still can't afford one. But at my age (74) I possibly wouldn't be able to get in and out of one now anyway!

• Sad 2