Merit kits 1/24 Lotus 11

Kitkent

Here’s my Merit kits Lotus 11 as driven by Mike Hawthorn in 1956. It was already built and came apart quite easily,quite a simple kit but it has a top and bottom which I glued together and filled in,but had to make allowances for the wheels/tyres first. I used the excellent Motobitz wire 3d printed wheels ,but I first had to saw them to make them narrower as the car’s wheels are very skinny,and they’re buried a bit inside the body. A new interior was made up and the original windscreen was used but polished up with Tamiya pastes. I just assumed the car was British racing green until I found a very nice couple of colour pictures from this race,I think Hawthorn was second after Colin Chapman. I hope you like! Chris.spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 24

• 3 weeks later...

As promised here are two 1/43 Lotus 11 cars. The grey one is half the size of the 1/24 one obviously! The second picture shows the photo etch wire wheels for this car,I think I took them out of a Jaguar mk2 kit. Both were made from Provence Moulage kits,the green car was made by MPH models,not by me….Chris.

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 2

Nice restoration of the Merit Lotus 11.

Apart from the Alfetta and Talbot Lago kits that went to SMER and now Atlantis, all the Merit car kit moulds were sold to a toy company in Italy and never re released or heard of since we far as I know.

• Like 1