Scale Aviation & Military Modeller International

Jonny

Apologies if this has been highlighted before.

Anyway, I was browsing magazines in my local Newsagent today when I spotted this title.  There's no publication month or year at all on the front cover.

Howver, there's a lot about new decal releases, as well as kit releases.  After that there are 'build' artcicles such as a 1/35 Draon Brummbar, the Airfix 1/72 Lancaster B.III, and the Eduard 1/48 P51 Mustang among others.

Editor is one Jay Laverty who introduces himself on the last page.

No indication whether this is a monthly or longer period publication though there is an advert for subscriptions, for 3, 6, 12, 18 and 24 months, so one assumes monthly but who knows?

I thought some might be interested .... .

Jonny

• Sad 1

I received a marketing email yesterday from a firm called iHobby inviting me to subscribe to the newly merged SAMI and MMI which is edited by Jay Laverty. Suffice to say I deleted the email. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, treker_ed said:

SAM is a different publication. you may be referring to SAMI.

SAM (or Scale Aircraft Modelling) is published by Guideline Publications and has nothing to do with MA Publications or whatever it is known as now!

(I have noticed you refer to SAM Publications which was the original publisher of SAMI, but to stop confusion with current magazines on sale, I added the above clarification)

No idea what you are trying to say here or even why you are saying it.

Scale Aircraft Modelling (SAM) is indeed and always has been a different publication from Scale Aviation Modeller International (SAMI) but as SAM Publications are not the publisher of Scale Aircraft Modelling (SAM) which is in fact  published by Guideline Publications why is there a need to clarify something which was never said in the first place.

SAM Publications is/was the name of a publishing company not the title of a publication and I quoted that company name as one of the rebrandings that has led to the recent launch of the title subject but at no time did I refer to either of the magazine titles Scale Aircraft Modelling (SAM) or Scale Aviation Modeller International (SAMI) by name so the need to clarify what was not being discussed seems rather odd.

• Like 1

Don't touch them with a barge pole! It's run by Mr.E*****t who drove SAMI and MA into the groud by not paying their staff and/or contributors. Do not give them your money! Literally just buy any other magazine - my recommendations would be Phoenix Scale Publications, Guideline Publications or Airfix Model World.

Please please please don't buy this and feed Elliott what he doesn't need or deserve. I also know atleast one of the articles in there has been used without the contributors permission or knowledge so that's a great start isn't it 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍🤮

Edited by Warwolf
Remove name
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Interesting. I seem to recall Mr. Lafferty taking some pains to make it clear he was not editor of SAMI when a recent claim to that effect was made in an issue not long ago. I think there was a comment that this had been said in the magazine without his knowledge or consent.

Would therefore be a bit unusual for him now to be acting as Editor for this 'new' effort. 

The lack of a publication date is also interesting. Hasn't that been tried before?

• Like 3

15 hours ago, John B (Sc) said:

Interesting. I seem to recall Mr. Lafferty taking some pains to make it clear he was not editor of SAMI when a recent claim to that effect was made in an issue not long ago. I think there was a comment that this had been said in the magazine without his knowledge or consent.

Would therefore be a bit unusual for him now to be acting as Editor for this 'new' effort. 

The lack of a publication date is also interesting. Hasn't that been tried before?

The sad thing is that he is well aware of the issues many contributors and subscribers had with the owner. It feels a bit as a stab in the back of the whole modelling community he accepted the job anyway. Just my 2 cents.

• Like 2

• Jonny changed the title to Scale Aviation & Military Modeller International