Focke Wulf Ta 152H

Werdna

Hi all

This is the Italeri (Dragon/Trimaster) 1/48 Ta152H, finished as 'Green 8' of Geschwaderstab JG 301, one of the aircraft identified in Axel Urbanke's recent JG301 research.  No pics of Green 8 are known to exist, but it's depicted here without the familiar JG 301 red/yellow tail band, as it seems that some of these were painted over before the end of the war.  If a pic ever emerges of it wearing the tail band, I'll paint it back on ;) 

Markings applied using Montex masks, with the octane triangles from the kit decals.  Anyway, hope you like the pics :) 

ubECDz4.jpg

FfnLZQY.jpg

mG0xby6.jpg

NlaxmMb.jpg

Fu8nKLb.jpg

zdyz9UP.jpg

TBVn6gl.jpg

B6Jp1Rt.jpg

gIgwm7c.jpg

• Like 50

17 minutes ago, Seahawk said:

Very nice.

PS Whatever you say about the Luftwaffe, you can't fault their lawn-keeping skills.

If a pic of Green 8 ever does emerge, it had better show the plane after a forced landing on a golf course.. ;) 

• Haha 11

Ooh this is nice. @Stew Dapple recently bought me one of these and hopefully your very nice turnout here is indicative of a painless build and not the result of a tub of Isopon and a Black & Decker power sander :D I like the colour scheme you've chosen too. Well done.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Jamie @ Sovereign Hobbies said:

Ooh this is nice. @Stew Dapple recently bought me one of these and hopefully your very nice turnout here is indicative of a painless build and not the result of a tub of Isopon and a Black & Decker power sander :D I like the colour scheme you've chosen too. Well done.

Thanks Jamie :) 

No filler on this anywhere, as I recall.  It goes together pretty well.  The only 'downside' to the Italeri kit is the lack of internal detail through the wheel wells - so no engine/supercharger or armament visible.  Some of the Dragon/Trimaster kits come with a full engine.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, BleedingBlue said:

Looks great.  Question, what color did you use for the 8?  It looks great with the camo pattern.

It's Vallejo RLM 25 - not quite as dark as I was hoping, although it's possible I might not have given it enough coats.. ;) 

• Thanks 1