Revell Jaguar E-type roadster in 1/24 scale

Einar

IMHO The Jaguar E-type is the most beautiful car ever made and I suppose I can't be very wrong in saying that because the very Enzo Ferrari commented the same way after having seen the E-type when she was introduced at the Geneva car exhibition in March 1961. Similar was also the overwhelming result in 2008 of the Daily Telegraph's popular voting "the most beautiful car of all times" .

That said, I decided to build my second Revell Jaguar E-type kit, this time from their newly launched roadster one. I must say that I prefer the looks of the roadster to the coupé version even if they both look fabulous. In choosing the colour of the body I went against Revell's instructions. They had planned the coupé to be red (those parts were molded in red) and the roadster to be green. But I did it my way 🙂

This kit was as detailed and as well molded with excellent fit as the coupé one but, this time also the interior of the car was now totally seen with its detailed dashboard and the other whistles and bells. I know that the seasoned car modellers erase the chrome parts of the color and repaint them with something less shiny but for me the parts were ok. 

I painted the body and other red parts with Tamiya's rattle can Italian red TS-8 and for the interior I used Revell's enamels Nr. 9 and 88. For the other details I used Revell's, Tamiya's and Vallejo's colours.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Einar
  • Like 36

As others have remarked, that's a beautiful pair of E-Types you've built.  I don't think the chrome is too shiny, in this case it looks just right IMHO.  Excellent finish and detailing, especially the cockpit and engine compartment.

Like you, I believe the E-Type was the most beautiful car ever crafted.  Taking pride of place in my display cabinet is a 1/8th scale kit of the fastback I built over half a century ago - a Monogram kit IIRC.  It took me nearly a year but the end result was well worth it.  Not only do the doors open but it even had working window regulators that wound the windows down when you turned the handles.  It's on my list for renovation and re-display when I can get around to it - probably in a year or two once my cataracts have been sorted out and I can see well enough to do it justice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Vesa Jussila said:

Once again nice build. Looks perfect and it can't be wrong if it was driven by Jerry Cotton.

Thanks/kiitos Vesa!...jee, jee Jerry Cotton🤣

Einar

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Neddy said:

As others have remarked, that's a beautiful pair of E-Types you've built.  I don't think the chrome is too shiny, in this case it looks just right IMHO.  Excellent finish and detailing, especially the cockpit and engine compartment.

Like you, I believe the E-Type was the most beautiful car ever crafted.  Taking pride of place in my display cabinet is a 1/8th scale kit of the fastback I built over half a century ago - a Monogram kit IIRC.  It took me nearly a year but the end result was well worth it.  Not only do the doors open but it even had working window regulators that wound the windows down when you turned the handles.  It's on my list for renovation and re-display when I can get around to it - probably in a year or two once my cataracts have been sorted out and I can see well enough to do it justice.

Hi Neddy,

Thank you very much for your positive comments and for telling us of your 1/8 Jaguar fastback. It would be very interesting to get a picture of your model.

Cheers, 

Einar

I will as soon as I can renovate it.  50 year old cement tends to be a bit unreliable and bits are dropping off it (literally) that need sorting out first.  I'll post some pics as soon as I can bring it back up to spec though.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, kapam said:

Hey, @einar

A couple of excellent builds there!

Well done! 👍👍

It would be difficult to argue about the E-Type - that distinctively curvaceous body makes it a true classic!

Thank you very much kapam!

Einar 

1 hour ago, RaulNanu said:

You did a very neat job, congrats!

This kit is next on my bench.

I just did the Pagani Huayra from Aoshima and it was a disaster haha.

How is this kit fitment, did you encounter any issues?

Hi RaulNanu 

Thank you!

There were no fit issues. The kit is excellent!

Einar

Einar,  Lovely model of the E Type.     Is the Revell kit Left Hand Drive only?

Raul, I have seen the Aoshima Pagani Huayra  being built on the Model Cars Magazine Forum. It must be one of the most complex 1/24th scale car kits on the market. Not for the faint hearted!

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Noel Smith said:

Einar,  Lovely model of the E Type.     Is the Revell kit Left Hand Drive only?

Raul, I have seen the Aoshima Pagani Huayra  being built on the Model Cars Magazine Forum. It must be one of the most complex 1/24th scale car kits on the market. Not for the faint hearted!

Thank you Noel,

The Revell Jaguar E-type Roadster and Coupé, both have the right and left hand drive options (see my last picture).

I had a quick look at the Aoshima Pagani Huayra..and yes it really looks fantastic but very complex.

Einar

That looks wonderful Einar. I very much agree with your colour choice, mine shall be red too, my first Dinky toy one over 55 years ago was red so how could it not be. BRG for the coupe suits it so well too, they are a most handsome pair. 👍

Steve.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, stevehnz said:

That looks wonderful Einar. I very much agree with your colour choice, mine shall be red too, my first Dinky toy one over 55 years ago was red so how could it not be. BRG for the coupe suits it so well too, they are a most handsome pair. 👍

Steve.

Thanks Steve very much for your positive comments and memories!

Einar 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HOUSTON said:

STUNNINGLY GORGEOUS .

:heart:

:wub:

Very RESPLENDENT  in bright red.

SUPERB job Einar.

:wow:

KUDOS.

:worthy::worthy:

Thank you very much for your positive comments Houston🙏

Einar

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Kallisti said:

Lovely build, I like the colour but when I did mine I chose to be different and do a Primrose Yellow one which looks fantastic and very seldom seen.

Thank you very much!

Einar

• 2 weeks later...