Arado Ar E 555

81-er

Wonderful build!

I did this a few years back and I couldn’t believe the effort Revell put into it, seeing as it was a ‘46 concept A/C.

The big, one piece wings were great and the cockpit detail was wonderful  as you’ve shown. I would do another except I don’t have the room (and my wife would ask “ why do you have two of these?).

• Like 1

Thank you both :)

@Bejay53 I know exactly what you mean, it's a beautiful kit. There's actually a few Luft '46 kits from Revell around the same era that are really nice (I have several). There will definitely be more Ar 555's from me, I have another 4 in the stash. And the answer for your wife is "so I can do the other paint schemes" ;)

James

• 6 months later...

After having won it’s class at one of our monthly meetings, this was on the table for my club’s finals night last night, to be judged by some chaps from a nearby club. It won the 1/72 aircraft class, making it my first medal-winning model. A bit of a surprise as there was some tough competition, but I’m over the moon regardless :D 

4uQ34Fy.jpg

James

• Like 6

That's awesome I like it a lot! Was this a real plane? Or just a design that never was? Seeing things like this is why I have too many models already lol.

Edited by Deano353
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Deano353 said:

That's awesome I like it a lot! Was this a real plane? Or just a design that never was? Seeing things like this is why I have too many models already lol.

It was a “what if”. It never got off of the paper.

I built this some years ago and it is still one of Revell Germanys best efforts.

• Like 2

Thank you :) Yep, a design study that was cancelled in late 1944 when fighters to make a last-ditch defence of the Reich became a higher priority than Amerika bombers. It is a very nice kit to build, but hard to find. Revell have only issued it twice (1998 & 2012) and have no plans to issue it again (I asked). I've got four more in the stash, two each of both releases, and some wild ideas for the builds on the rest of them

James

• Like 1

Thank you :)

That's probably partly my fault @Walter, I've now got 4 more in the stash. There;'s ususally a few floating around on eBay, though the postage to Australia might be a bit much.

James

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, 81-er said:

Thank you :)

That's probably partly my fault @Walter, I've now got 4 more in the stash. There;'s ususally a few floating around on eBay, though the postage to Australia might be a bit much.

James

Hmmmm yes you and some others no doubt! eBay's a no go, people are charging way too much.

• Like 1