Panther Ausf A, tactical No 234 from 2.\Pz.Rgt 3. Saint-Lambert-sur-Dive dump, Normany 1944

Kelscale

After many, many moons I can finally call this little project complete. Just B & W pics for now to compare it to the Panzerwrecks image I took as inspiration. This is the twenty-year-old Dragon kit #6168. Spruced up with ATAK Zimmerit, a Royal Model metal barrel, a set of Modelkasten metal tracks, a whole bunch of Voyager photo etch and a few resin burnt out wheels from E.T.Model.  Hope you like it.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Kelscale
  • Like 33
  • Thanks 1

Superb!

What a brilliant Panther, would be nice to see some colour photos too but the b&w ones are very atmospheric. 

Great job, the zimm looks good, nicely chipped and damaged too btw,  as do the additional details. I really like the plethora of little scrapes and scratches on top of the barrel too, very realistic.

Particularly like how it sits in its base surrounded by the tall grasses.

Brilliant modelling 

Darryl 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Geo1966 said:

Had to look twice to work out which were real photos and which were of the model.

I have the same problem. Great build and photography.

• Like 1

Hi Kelscale,

A superb Panther, with an impressive resemblance to its real counterpart, as other colleagues comment, I am looking forward to seeing the color photos....and if it were possible to do the opposite....also color the original photo...

Cheers and TC

Francis.👍

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Bertie McBoatface said:

Wow! That's so atmospheric. Brilliant modelling, and photography. I like the B&W pictures so much I will try to avoid the colour ones for some time. 

Thanks Mr boatface

20 hours ago, 45DegreesModelling said:

Love the model and love the photography!

Cheers fella

20 hours ago, Patrykd said:

I would like to see Pictures in color. 

See below

10 hours ago, Geo1966 said:

Had to look twice to work out which were real photos and which were of the model.

Excellent work Kelscale.

George

Cheers George

10 hours ago, Stef N. said:

Fantastic modelling, the detailing is superb and a special mention to the zimmerit. Top work Kelscale.👏👏

Thank you Stef

10 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

Superb!

What a brilliant Panther, would be nice to see some colour photos too but the b&w ones are very atmospheric. 

Great job, the zimm looks good, nicely chipped and damaged too btw,  as do the additional details. I really like the plethora of little scrapes and scratches on top of the barrel too, very realistic.

Particularly like how it sits in its base surrounded by the tall grasses.

Brilliant modelling 

Darryl 

Cheers Darryl

10 hours ago, edjbartos said:

Very nice work, lovely detail, I also like the first photo comparison with the real thing, really excellent . It looks very good in b&w, i bet it would look great also in colour ... well done

Ed

Cheers Ed. See below

10 hours ago, mick said:

excellent work

Thanks Mick

9 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

The B&W photos have turned an excellent model into a masterpiece. Well done.

John.

8 hours ago, echen said:

I have the same problem. Great build and photography.

Cheers fella. Glad you like it

1 hour ago, FrancisGL said:

Hi Kelscale,

A superb Panther, with an impressive resemblance to its real counterpart, as other colleagues comment, I am looking forward to seeing the color photos....and if it were possible to do the opposite....also color the original photo...

Cheers and TC

Francis.👍

9 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

The B&W photos have turned an excellent model into a masterpiece. Well done.

John.

Thanks John

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FrancisGL said:

Hi Kelscale,

Cheers and TC

Francis.👍

Great idea Francis. 

I don't have any professional colouriser apps on my PC but have used a free one on my phone and have done as you mentioned.  Not only that, I thought it maybe interesting to see how my B & W images also looked 'colourised' too!  Not sure on some of the colours but interesting none the less😀

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Hi Kelscale,

The result is great, in fact I think that if it is not explained, someone may confuse the authentic photos with those of the kit...lol, and that is that smartphones are becoming more "magical"... without a doubt it was the perfect solution without big problems to do it...
I remember that on my first Panther, I did something similar... I took a couple of kit photos (in color), and applied a filter that included the smartphone I had at the time, making it look like a "vintage" photo...
On the other hand, the color photos of the model confirm that it is a magnificent result.

Cheers and TC

Francis.👍

• Like 1

On 9/20/2022 at 7:05 PM, Kelscale said:

spacer.png

The colourised colours look as awful and unconvincing as they always do to me, but the effect had been to make the very convincing B&W photos you posted almost entirely indistinguishable from the reference photos. At one time that was my ultimate modelling goal, to take photographs that would pass for the real thing. I'd say you are 99% of the way there. 

By the way, that is a photo of your model, isn't it?

Great work! The realism of grass is superlative👍. The tank is perfect, nice job on weathering.

Nice the 251 in the foreground with that strange circular structure. An antenna?.

Ciao

Filippo

• Like 1