1/72 A1E1 Independent (3D print)

sardaukar

The A1E1 Independent is difficult to get hold of in any scale, this is actually a war gaming 3D print and I got it to fill the gap in the 1/72 line up.

All those rivets lend this to a quick wash and dry brushing.

The A1E1 Independent was a British interwar prototype, while there was only ever one built it was influential on tank development at the time and arguably sparked the rash in multi-turreted tanks in the interwar period.

Also the Tank museum at Bovington has it on display, definitely worth a look.

Cheers

Calum

PXL_20220918_234035630.jpg

PXL_20220918_234120720.jpg

PXL_20220918_234142089.jpg

PXL_20220918_234154852.jpg

PXL_20220918_234209946.jpg

• Like 14

6 minutes ago, Yg Models said:

those rivets seem too big?🤔

it is quite interesting on top view.

for multi turret tank, i plan to buy S-model's T-35😉

Yes the rivets are overscale, as are quite a few of the details., a lot of the texture is due to the printing process too.

I have the Zvezda t-35 in the stash, have been collecting metal gun barrels for it.

Thanks for all the info on this vehicle because if I'd just seen the photos I'd have been thinking its from Warhammer or similar. It's got that distinctive "Wallace and Grommit" look about it. or Steam Punk.

It very well modelled tho and shows off your painting skills.

Regards

Pete

• Thanks 1

On 19/09/2022 at 15:43, Model Mate said:

I quite fancy this as another big 1/35 scratch project, but I’ll wait till I’m over my rivet allergy! Nice work in braille-scale.

Thank you and that's a build I'd love to see. 

2 hours ago, Pete Robin said:

Thanks for all the info on this vehicle because if I'd just seen the photos I'd have been thinking its from Warhammer or similar. It's got that distinctive "Wallace and Grommit" look about it. or Steam Punk.

It very well modelled tho and shows off your painting skills.

Regards

Pete

Thanks Pete

Its an interesting tank, I'm quite fond of a lot of the interwar stuff before they worked out multi turret tanks and riveted armour weren't a great idea. Although the UK would continue to rivet some designs as other industries such as ship building took priority for welders and casting.

• Like 1