1/48 Petlyakov Pe-2, Poland Air Force, 1945

Fuad

I woke up today thinking it was gonna be a great day...  i was planning to finish a model that gave me grief...  little did i know that Fuad would post this model!  I am a big fan of your work and this looks fantastic!  Thanks for posting!

Its a Fuad model day!

Edited by Tokyo Raider
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, woody37 said:

How did you do the tonal variations in the green paintwork? So subtle but incredibly effective :)

I used two shades of green and special stain stencils. First I covered everything with a light green "Russian Green" from Gunze, then added a little black to it.
To get a thin and not rough layer, I constantly use a retarder (slower drying agent).

• Like 2

Another fantastic model, congratulations Fuad ! I am amazed by how well you managed to use these stain stencils. 

I tried several times with the ones from Mig Ammo, and I never got something convincing. Maybe I was to impatient !

have a nice day,

Christian.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Fuad said:

I used two shades of green and special stain stencils. First I covered everything with a light green "Russian Green" from Gunze, then added a little black to it.
To get a thin and not rough layer, I constantly use a retarder (slower drying agent).

Thanks Fuad, I need to get some of those stencils, very effective

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tomasz Gronczewski said:

Fuad,
his is just gorgeous! I love the subtle tonal differences in the paint finish. And also I am amazed how you managed to blend canopy edges into fuselage.

The set (zvezda) as a whole is quite good and there were no problems with docking the canopy with the fuselage. Often, to fix such problems, I use acrylic putty, which is wiped with isopropyl alcohol like this one. The problem was with the headlight (it is larger than the seat). I glued it, then grinded and polished.
Long live the brave Poland people! 😊

Edited by Fuad

Hi Fuad,

as it has already been said by our esteemed and talented colleagues, you just produced another art work.

So congratulations are in order!

This paint scheme is fantastic, and is the one I chose several decades ago, when I built the 1/72 Airfix kit.

And that is where the comparison will stop!!!

Once again, congrats.

JR

• Thanks 1