New 1/72 Xtrakit Saunders-Roe SRA-1

trickydicky210

41 minutes ago, Denford said:

The more I contemplate my rather hurried earlier posting, the more I'm convinced it should be a Venom FB 1.

per Wiki' 375 built, yet I'm not sure this variant has ever been issued in kit form!

Aeroclub did a VERY short-run kit of both the Mk.1 and the Mk.4.

RAREPLANES did a brilliant vackit of both versions.

All of these have been gone for a long while... safely hiding in attics and wardrobes all over the world.

I'll better get cracking with mine: that's bound to propitiate a single-seat Venom kit from Tamiya 🤣

Cheers, Moggy

• Haha 2

On 9/18/2022 at 3:17 PM, 26Decals said:

Hoping for  a Javelin FAW9

On 9/21/2022 at 9:50 PM, 26Decals said:

It's definitely a jet. 

19 hours ago, 26Decals said:

I do know but have been sworn to secrecy.

What I can say is that it is a jet and comes in 2 boxings and it hasn't so far been mentioned.....

Any link here between these 3 posts or is the first just a red herring??

I think the venom is a good shout. One single seater boxing and one night fighter. It's a type which hasn't been served well by kit manufacturers despite it being an important RAF type which was considered the best ground attack fighter in NATO in its day. Plenty of colourful markings and export options too. It's probably the most requested type on the 'what will Airfix bring us this year' discussion board as well. Plus that the one new kit of the type currently available is rather pricey.

1 hour ago, trickydicky210 said:

Any link here between these 3 posts or is the first just a red herring??

If it is to be two separate boxing it would be nice if one of them was an earlier 'pen knib' version. Lots of squadron options.

Sounds logical, but they normally send out their mailing on Sundays.  That is the day on which the week starts, and so would be next week.  However we've been told this week, so it must be tomorrow, the only day left.

If anyone in Hannants, with 'influence' reads this could they please, next time, give an actual date when the announcement would be made.

As a Vectis boy who has actually clambered in and around the Solent Skies aircraft, whose grandma worked for SaRo and whose mum lived just down the road from the old SaRo works, I'm up for this

• Like 1

Mmmm interesting choice🤔 Certainly has the virtue of not having been done before and I feel sure it will be of interest to quite a few. I hope its really successful for Hannants and encourages them to explore this subject area further as there are quite a few UK prototype and cancelled projects I would like to do.  Unfortunately its just a little too esoteric for my tastes.  

Rich 

Good luck for those to whom such subjects appeal. 

For my part, and others who have so far posted reactions, I'd rather see 'better' toolings of Venom FB1, Sea Venom, Javelin, Sea Vixen, Attacker.   Even Hornet if one can find accurate plans.

It strikes me as rather odd that one has to look to Trumpeter for a Wyvern!

• trickydicky210 changed the title to New 1/72 Xtrakit Saunders-Roe SRA-1