New 1/72 Xtrakit Saunders-Roe SRA-1

trickydicky210

20 minutes ago, TEXANTOMCAT said:

Well that’s not quite true, for example their Messenger has an acceptable Injection canopy not a vac one.. but I take your point! 🙂

Yes, that's right, the vacu canopies are being replaced with injection ones, but other than that I don't see any changes.

I was very disappointed with the Cessna. It was a model that could already be considered mediocre in 1999, and its main selling point was that it was made at all.

To release this model in 2022, without any improvements, is.... well, I'm struggling to find the right word. But it will be far from awe and appreciation.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Piotr Mikolajski said:
3 hours ago, TEXANTOMCAT said:

Well that’s not quite true, for example their Messenger has an acceptable Injection canopy not a vac one.. but I take your point! 🙂

Yes, that's right, the vacu canopies are being replaced with injection ones, but other than that I don't see any changes.

If you are comparing the sprues the new KP Miles Messenger seems to be an all new kit that has very little in common with the old Pavla kit:

Pavla:

https://modelingmadness.com/scott/allies/previews/pavla/72019.htm

New KP kit:

https://www.super-hobby.at/products/Messenger-Mk.I-Montys-planes.html#gallery_start

It will be a British subject-not released by them before (like that makes no sense if it’s a rerelease to not just list it), something already sold or close to be released and something not well served by other manufacturers (other than whoever is supplying them). And as only 1 previous WWII subject, post WWII. 
Gotta be the Canberra. And it doesn’t need the PE currently in the AMP kit.

or something else LOL

2 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Not sure if someone has already suggested this, however could it be a Westland Whirlwind Helicopter to tie in with Xtradecal’s upcoming 1/72 sheet? 

Cheers.. Dave 

They could also just be down to airfix reissuing their classic whirlwind, they've done sheets for the other British classics reissued 

15 hours ago, trickydicky210 said:

As you are based in East Anglia I guess you are in the know, any chance of a hint? 

I do know but have been sworn to secrecy.

What I can say is that it is a jet and comes in 2 boxings and it hasn't so far been mentioned.....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Piotr Mikolajski said:

As I look at the list of British jets, I think the only one not listed here is the TSR.2.

I don’t think anyone has mentioned the SEPECAT Jaguar yet nor the Tornado or Eurofighter Typhoon. The latter two are obviously not good candidates for an Xtrakit.

That begs the question of whether the subject has to be British and if it’s not, what jet aircraft subjects are not well represented in kit form in 1/72?

MiG-19?

RF/F-84F?

F-105B?

F-110A 🤣

B-47? 🤣🤣🤣

Regards Pavla - they started out as a company doing plastic and Resin conversions, addons (canopies etc), PE etc.

Later they expanded into plastic injected kits (short run moulds) and had quite a large catalogue at on stage.  About 5 odd years ago they decided to get out of the kits business and concentrate on resin and P.E products (which is why Hannants listed the kits as no longer available).

Pavla are still very active but sold the masters for their kits to the AZ/KP firm, who as noted above have reissued a few (making new moulds from the original masters).

52 minutes ago, Hornet133 said:

Regards Pavla - they started out as a company doing plastic and Resin conversions, addons (canopies etc), PE etc.

Later they expanded into plastic injected kits (short run moulds) and had quite a large catalogue at on stage.  About 5 odd years ago they decided to get out of the kits business and concentrate on resin and P.E products (which is why Hannants listed the kits as no longer available).

Pavla are still very active but sold the masters for their kits to the AZ/KP firm, who as noted above have reissued a few (making new moulds from the original masters).

Are they still active ? Their website disappeared around a month ago and a number of shops seem to have stopped receiving their products

• Like 4

British Post-War jets not yet mentioned?  And in two 'boxings'

- Sperrin, 'original' and test bed for RB211.

- AW52 flying wing

- De H 108 Swallow (the two variants).  Yes, I know ? has or is just about to release the first variant, so both variants.  Manufacturers don't always know what others have in the pipeline!

- Venom\Sea Venom.  Lots of scope there.

- Those long forgotten 'development' aircraft between the Sea Hawk and Hunter.

Does anybody know when: it's already Wednesday and I don't want to go through the 'agonies' of ARMA.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Denford said:

British Post-War jets not yet mentioned?  And in two 'boxings'

- Sperrin, 'original' and test bed for RB211.

- AW52 flying wing

- De H 108 Swallow (the two variants).  Yes, I know ? has or is just about to release the first variant, so both variants.  Manufacturers don't always know what others have in the pipeline!

- Venom\Sea Venom.  Lots of scope there.

- Those long forgotten 'development' aircraft between the Sea Hawk and Hunter.

Does anybody know when: it's already Wednesday and I don't want to go through the 'agonies' of ARMA.

Fairey delta 2 also had 2 prototypes. Bit of a long shot to get 2 boxing out of it but you could have it in original trim and another boxing in BAC 221 trim (Concorde test model). We can dream anyway!

• Like 1

The more I contemplate my rather hurried earlier posting, the more I'm convinced it should be a Venom FB 1.

per Wiki' 375 built, yet I'm not sure this variant has ever been issued in kit form!

Surely lots of users (indeed worldwide use) and hence 'finishes' and Printscale have even produced decals for a 60 Squadron machine based at Tengah!  Now that brings memories, of my unit (414 Signals) working with them on PI's (Practice Interceptions) in the mid-50's.

Mustn't drift 'off thread' but its differences from later marks surely merits a new tool.  Conversion, though doubtless possible, would be tedious...