New 1/72 Xtrakit Saunders-Roe SRA-1

trickydicky210

From a Hannants email 

‘Teaser Alert! We have a new 1/72 Xtrakit arriving soon, details to be added to the website in a week or so. Keep checking it!’

now on the site;

two boxings:

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/XK72017

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/XK72018

• Like 7

I think we can conclude, from previous Xtrakit releases that this will be a 1/72 British Cold War jet. The most obvious likely subject has to be a Javelin, I would think.

After that?

Vampire NF.12

Sea Venom FAW.21

any single-seat version of Venom

F-86A

Hunter F.1-F.5

Hawker Kestrel/AV-6A

Hawker P.1127

Hawker-Siddeley P.1154

A couple more I’ve thought of:

Short Sturgeon

Fairey Spearfish

Short Sperrin

Supermarine Type 224 (I’ve just acquired the Rareplanes vac kit so it is inevitable that this is what it will be).

3 hours ago, Moggy said:

A reboxing of Special Hobby's Vampire?

Already done:

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/xtrakit-xk72008-dh-100-vampire-fb-mk5-raf-service--245787

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Colin @ Freightdog Models said:

Wasp...

Wasn’t S&M planning a series of Wasps that were being tooled in Ukraine by AMP/MikroMir. It wouldn’t be surprising if Hannants took over the project. This is a much needed kit.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ivand said:

On that note: why not a reboxed Ukrainian 'fishbowl' Canberra? 🤔

Like this:

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/amp-72018-canberra-b2--1391152

However, we could always use a PR.3 and PR.7 with the extended fuselage or a T.4.

• Like 3

I think a complete new tool fishbowl Canberra is what we’re after. The S&M base kit is still a handful to put together and (according to others who know more) could be improved upon.

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 2

None of these. 

Instead a front-line fighter (surely 1000+ built) that served with USAAF and RAF in North Africa, Italy and Burma.

Yet hitherto only Mainstream tooled by Frog in 60's!

The Allison engined Mustang, was released 90's? in several boxings (maybe variants) by MPM.

The Xtrakit releases that I have 'examined' show a strong link to MPM, for example in the style of instructions, 

So this will be no more than a re-boxing, of the original MPM release(s) under the Xtrakit label.

Sorry for those of you who had high hopes for so many subjects, especially for the Scruggs Wonderplane, though it just might be a re-issue of the much-sought Spitfire Xll instead.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Denford said:

None of these. 

Instead a front-line fighter (surely 1000+ built) that served with USAAF and RAF in North Africa, Italy and Burma.

Yet hitherto only Mainstream tooled by Frog in 60's!

The Allison engined Mustang, was released 90's? in several boxings (maybe variants) by MPM.

The Xtrakit releases that I have 'examined' show a strong link to MPM, for example in the style of instructions, 

So this will be no more than a re-boxing, of the original MPM release(s) under the Xtrakit label.

Sorry for those of you who had high hopes for so many subjects, especially for the Scruggs Wonderplane, though it just might be a re-issue of the much-sought Spitfire Xll instead.

The Allison engined Mustang was also produced by Academy and Italeri, so FROG weren't the only mainstream manufacturer to do it. (How well they did it, especially Italeri, is another matter.)

Some Xtrakits were produced by Sword rather than MPM - it says so on the side of the box (and the Meteor NF was a Matchbox reissue).

The announcement from Hannants says a new Xtrakit, so that suggests it won't be a reissue of one of their earlier ones.

• Like 1