Battle of Britain Air Show Arrivals and Practice September 2022

Alpha Delta 210

Hello again

I often visit Duxford on the day before a show in the hope of catching the arrivals and practice/validation displays.

Here are some of my favourites from the Friday before the Battle of Britain Air Show.

DSC_8752.jpg

DSC_8760.jpg

DSC_8808.jpg

DSC_9197.jpg

DSC_9210.jpg

DSC_9227.jpg

DSC_9251.jpg

DSC_9307.jpg

DSC_9329.jpg

DSC_9357.jpg

DSC_9366.jpg

DSC_9400.jpg

DSC_9483.jpg

DSC_9427.jpg

DSC_9452.jpg

DSC_9435.jpg

DSC_9555.jpg

DSC_9568.jpg

DSC_9604.jpg

Thanks for looking. 

• Like 14

Another superb set of images Leigh without the usual airshow crowds and with some brighter skies.  Duxford set a high bar with this year's BoB airshow so let's hope they build on this for future events.

Mark

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, canberraman said:

Another superb set of images Leigh without the usual airshow crowds and with some brighter skies.  Duxford set a high bar with this year's BoB airshow so let's hope they build on this for future events.

Mark

Thanks very much, Mark. I agree that it was a cracking show and the pressure is on  for future events!

I really struggle with photography at Duxford, though!

50 minutes ago, Parabat said:

Looks like a great lineup! Fantastic pics, you've certainly got 'the knack'! 

Thanks very much Parabat. Not a bad line-up and definitely worth taking a day's annual leave for!!

4 hours ago, Latinbear said:

Excellent set AD! The head on of the Hind shows off its menace very nicely and the head on the Lysander is a beauty! 

Thanks very much, Latinbear!

I must confess that your two favourites are also my two favourites!

4 hours ago, John Laidlaw said:

Great photos as always - thanks for sharing them!

That's so kind of you to say, John. I'm delighted that you enjoyed them.

The show on Saturday must rank as one of the best (non-Legends) Duxford shows of recent years with a couple of unusual mixed formations, the Czechs and of course the fabulous "Duxford Big Wing".

• Like 1

Lovely photos. Agree the head on Lysander is great. Quite how you managed to make the Lizzie dynamic is beyond me but you have !  She wasn’t flying straight and level with you falling off the ladder at the time  :D  Nicely composed. 

I like the or Spitfire shot too. Good timing and composition with the wings level to the cloud colour division. Nice

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, JohnT said:

Lovely photos. Agree the head on Lysander is great. Quite how you managed to make the Lizzie dynamic is beyond me but you have !  She wasn’t flying straight and level with you falling off the ladder at the time  :D  Nicely composed. 

I like the or Spitfire shot too. Good timing and composition with the wings level to the cloud colour division. Nice

Hello John. I'm so pleased you like the images and am highly amused by the "dynamic" comment! 🤣 I did a Classic Wings "Wing to Wing" flight with the Lizzie last year and as a result must confess that I have become mildly infatuated with the type!!

It is difficult to come up with "different" shots at Duxford (or any other air show venue), but out of the series that I took of the Spitfire, that image stood out to me due to the wings and the cloud division. 

Thanks again for the kind words.

19 hours ago, Alpha Delta 210 said:

Thanks very much, Latinbear!

I must confess that your two favourites are also my two favourites!

That's so kind of you to say, John. I'm delighted that you enjoyed them.

The show on Saturday must rank as one of the best (non-Legends) Duxford shows of recent years with a couple of unusual mixed formations, the Czechs and of course the fabulous "Duxford Big Wing".

No confession required. Simply a convergence of good taste! 😉

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, JohnT said:

@Alpha Delta 210 yes it’s funny how contact with a type can foster affection. Pilots can get seduced that way too. Seriously though I think that’s arguably the best Lizzie photo I have seen. Thanks for showing it

Thanks very much, John. I am very grateful for such kind praise.

4 hours ago, Latinbear said:

No confession required. Simply a convergence of good taste! 😉

It certainly seems that way!😉