1:48 Hasegawa F-22 RAPTOR

Dragan…….I agree with the previous comments from Alan and Alpha Delta.  You did a superb job at recreating the Raptor especially with it`s complex camouflage pattern. :worthy:

Mike

• Like 1

Despite being a Gen-Z modeller who will have to become very familiar with these 4.5/5th Gen jets I agree with @Biggles87 they aren't my favourite but this build has made me seriously reconsider whether to pick one up in the future and have a bash at it. By far the most realistic version of the F22 I've ever seen in this scale. I know its already been asked but how did you achieve the effect and what exact colours did you use out of interest?

Cheers,

Mark

• Like 1

Hello to all of you.first I would like to thank everyone that took the time to comment.

The canopy was tinted by spraying Tamiya Smoke diluted with Mr.Color Leveling thinner in several coats on the top side of it only.I havent sprayed anything on the inside.

The painting was done in sevveral layers.I sprayed the model in Hataka have glass grey that is actually a metallic paint.Than I sprayed the camo patches in gun metal from model master enamels.I oversprayed the whole kit in highly diluted mr color H307 and after that I resprayed it in highly diulted hataka have glass grey.The ram panels are mr hobby H-308 and the exhauts are painted in mr color c08 and 4-5 coats of tamiya smoke to tint them.

Regads,Dragan

• Thanks 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/25/2022 at 5:06 PM, dragan_mig31 said:

The painting was done in sevveral layers.I sprayed the model in Hataka have glass grey that is actually a metallic paint.Than I sprayed the camo patches in gun metal from model master enamels.I oversprayed the whole kit in highly diluted mr color H307 and after that I resprayed it in highly diulted hataka have glass grey.

That's exactly what I was thinking of doing. I bought AK Extrene metal chrome and gunmetal and was going to use those to do the camo pattern then spray diluted grey. Just wondered about the decals though. Did you apply a gloss coat for them? I worry it will remove any shine from the metal colours underneath.

Edited by Deano353

10 hours ago, dragan_mig31 said:

Yes I sprayed 3 coats of AK Gauzy agent shine enchancer and it worked awesome.

Ok cool I will have to get some of that.

Edited by Deano353