Takom 1/35 Apache Series

thepureness

On 04/11/2022 at 02:59, Flanker37 said:

Why was my comment about the Meng kit removed?

For two reasons:

this thread is about the Takom kit.

your comment was about the Meng kit and pointed to another websites thread about it, whilst there was already one on here.

• Like 1

Schemes - ref. 2603 - AH-64E Apache - Of the world - limited edition

Source: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=pfbid0uFWy7wxYL62MZw3BXPtUXMqLsGWQTFLvBzbJU9CFvCbyXMrPwoueMNHvgHQBX9fjl&id=100057593795167

314588527-567595198503602-75453400123313

Release expected in December 2022 https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=pfbid031NfgXoTTxMoaYAAFFxY2fg1UPen3oqfNb9eRSyC1rVA9VXTCbGVLPa18VD8q6LfLl&id=100057593795167

- ref. 2601 - AH-64E Apache Longbow

- ref. 2602 - AH-64E Apache Guardian

- ref. 2603 - AH-64E Apache - Of the world - limited edition

315089386-567599131836542-48815824391001

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Looks awesome! I just hope for two things for the future:

First: Takom scales them down to 1/48th scale because 1/35 is a bit too rich for my blood :D
Second: I so hope there is going to be an Israeli AH-64D Saraf Longbow because that's the most badass Apache out there IMO and I have to have one.

• 2 weeks later...

Now listed on Hannants, three boxings all £99.99 each, with a 10% pre order discount.

Tempted, but not sure I'd ever build it (or more have somewhere to store it with rotors extended), so may hold off for a bit.

4 hours ago, IT_Man said:

Now listed on Hannants, three boxings all £99.99 each, with a 10% pre order discount.

Tempted, but not sure I'd ever build it (or more have somewhere to store it with rotors extended), so may hold off for a bit.

Thanks for heads up! Ordered for US delivery. This will be an immediate build for me. 🙂

And, no, I don't have room for another 1/35 helicopter but......

• Like 1

On the CAD images, it says "Various types of weapons could be FREELY assembled". I think that really needs changing to read "... could be EXPENSIVELY assembled".  Hannants have these in their Future Releases section for £99.99 (with a 10% discount if you pre-order the kit). 

It looks like an amazing, detailed model, but £100 strikes me as a big ask, particularly as their UK competition are selling it for significantly less. Way to go, the "Big H". 

Cheers. 

Chris. 

PS: Having said all that, I will deffo be buying Takom's 1/35th Mi-28, when it comes out. The chances of anyone making a cheaper version of that model are just about NIL, from where I'm sitting. That's my story and I'm bloomim' well sticking to it. 

Edited by spruecutter96
Amending some information.

I guess they are in a position where they don't need to compete in a race to the bottom as the biggest seller in the world (plus wholesaler). People buy from them because they are who they are, plus the range of other stuff.

The UK Importer (Bachmann/Pocketbond) list it for £99.99. Selling it for £70 means a profit of probably only a few quid per kit, so guess they're buying in bulk and relying on volume of sale?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...