Bf 110G-2 Revell 1/48

After about ten years since I started working on this model, I would like to present you this model in the RFI!
I wouldn't say much about the model, it is already well known to everyone. A very good model of Revell, but the appearance of the new Eduard's 110 overshadowed it. As far as I remember, the fit is decent, but not great. The details are really beautiful, especially the cockpit. RevelL decals are standard excellent, but I must say that they are still a bit thicker. Gunze's chemistry failed to neutralize transparent film. From the some extra touches, here ad there the panels are overlapped  and the exhaust pipes are hollowed in.
Painting with Model Master enamel authentic colors (the first time for me) and I'm really pleasantly surprised by how easy they are to spray (for classic enamels)! And their colors are just to my taste! The weathering was done using a stencil for the effect of marbling (more precisely, granite ;D), wooden watercolor crayons, pigments, tamiya washes, silver pencil and small chipping done with a fine brush. Stencils for the marble effect are very practical, but it is still desirable to adjust them with your own hands, so to speak (which I did not do), because you often feel an unnaturally sharp border. My problems were caused by the Montex mask, which left horrible amounts of glue, so in the end the cabin frame was painted 3 times, and finally with a brush. I would like to thanks our colleagues from MAKETARSKI KUTAK (http://www.maketarskikutak.com/index.php) for their crucial help regarding this problem. Only after taking pictures I did notice that I forgot to paint the radiators... 

I took pictures in two sets because I still struggle with photography. On a white background, the images turned out to be too dark, but perhaps still closer to the real model, while with a dark gray background, the images are clearly visible, but the RLM75 and 76 are too bright and the weathering is overemphasized.
In the end, despite a certain number of mistakes, I must say that I am satisfied with this fast and experimental (for me) work!
All criticisms, suggestions and praises are more than welcome! :pilot:

And the pictures at the end:

1-2.jpg 1-1.jpg
1-2.jpg 4-2.jpg 5-2.jpg 6-2.jpg 7-2.jpg IMG-7644.jpg IMG-7656-1.jpg IMG-7658.jpg IMG-7666.jpg IMG-7691.jpg IMG-7838.jpg IMG-7839.jpg IMG-7850.jpg 

The details:
3-6.jpg 2-5.jpg
1-1.jpg 1-2.jpg 1-3.jpg 2-3.jpg 3-2.jpg 3-3.jpg 3-4.jpg 4-1.jpg 4-2.jpg 6.jpg 7-2.jpg 8-3.jpg 9.jpg 10-1.jpg 11-1.jpg 11-2.jpg

And a few WIP pictures with unfortunately ruined finished paint job. I over-aggressively polished the model and ruined the finished paint job which I did not adequately correct...:violin:

viber-image-2022-09-15-22-42-22-957.jpg viber-image-2022-09-15-22-42-22-590.jpg viber-image-2022-09-15-22-42-23-078.jpg 

Edited by boom.boom
  • Like 39
  • Thanks 1

What a great finish on this model. I like the paint finish, and an Aircraft should have a slight sheen to help it cut through the air.

Groundcrews back then, and now, would clean and polish the surfaces. I know, I used to do it myself.

Thanks @Spitfire31 I hadn't noticed that. A lovely detail.

Thank you all, indeed, for these wonderful words!:penguin::inlove:

I tried to represent the machine, which is relatively new, but due to frequent use, there was no time for perfect and regular maintenance, and hence a few more leaks and dirt marks, in addition to the semi-glossy varnish.

Edited by boom.boom