AMT / ERTL Valkyrie - Go Large or Go Home 😲

5 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Well seeing as the BV would've been a lot more work than expected. I think we can take the Valkyrie and be happy. 

What Dennis says covers my thoughts as well :)

The fit can be a little sloppy in some areas but nothing you can't handle.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Are people happy for me to edit this thread or should I start a new one ?

34 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Its ultimately up to @Col. but I’ve no issues ? 

It's your thread Pat but I'd suggest it tidier to edit the title and continue the story behind your choice :)

• Thanks 1

• JOCKNEY changed the title to AMT / ERTL Valkyrie - Go Large or Go Home 😲

So this is the kit I've finally ended up with 

20220919_215228

Just in case you think I've short changed you on the size of the build, here's the dimensions. 

20220919_215302

I missed a trick here I could have built this one in the "Less than a tenner GB" a while back

20220919_215238

I do hope the kit is moulded in white plastic :pray:

Cheers Pat 

• Like 14

Over 75 detailed parts! ooh. How will you keep track of them all?

It's going to be a fair size though. Reinforce the work bench!

I think you need to add a line to the first post about the change, or it's going to confuse people?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It is moulded in white, and it is humungus. The most vulnerable component when it's complete is the pitot head. There are no direct substitutes, but the Master F-106 Delta Dart is close enough.

I look forward to seeing that BV though.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Over 75 detailed parts! ooh. How will you keep track of them all?

It's going to be a fair size though. Reinforce the work bench!

I think you need to add a line to the first post about the change, or it's going to confuse people?

Hi Pete

I had put a note under the photo, if it's not visible for any reason can you let me know please as its likely to be the luddite on the keyboard this end that's the issue !

Cheers Pat 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Nothing like a bit of ambition,  a kit Ill never build given my inability to master spraying white (and having ruined some nice kits along the way in no hurry to try again) I'm watching along 

Oh cheers Stu, I wasn't worried about that till you mentioned it ! :lalala:

Thanks mate, I'll be using an aerosol can, if graffiti artists can get it to stick to a bus stop, I should be OK 👍

Cheers Pat 

• Haha 3

Pat, It was early this morning, I must have had the wrong eye's in and I missed your note. Sorry for the panic!

I think Halfords appliance white could be your salvation. I've used it before with good results.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

I think Halfords appliance white could be your salvation. I've used it before with good results.

I will concur with Pete on that one!

JR.

• Thanks 2

Me and my big mouth….😬, sure you’ll be fine 

4 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Oh cheers Stu, I wasn't worried about that till you mentioned it ! :lalala:

Thanks mate, I'll be using an aerosol can, if graffiti artists can get it to stick to a bus stop, I should be OK 👍

Cheers Pat 

• Haha 1

Ooooooo an XB-70.:gobsmacked: How can I NOT follow along on this. Hopefully '72 scale will be easier to manhandle rather than '48th. But just in case Pat be sure to do your Joe Cocker yoga stretches' beforehand. You may need them. But don't mind me I'll be over here at the bar rousing up the cheering section. As an aside though, what scale is the BV-238?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, LorenSharp said:

Ooooooo an XB-70.:gobsmacked: How can I NOT follow along on this. Hopefully '72 scale will be easier to manhandle rather than '48th. But just in case Pat be sure to do your Joe Cocker yoga stretches' beforehand. You may need them. But don't mind me I'll be over here at the bar rousing up the cheering section. As an aside though, what scale is the BV-238?

Hi mate

Thanks very much, any support greatly appreciated. 

The BV238 is 1/72 as well. I still really want to build it, but having found all the things I need to do to it, I'll need to get better prepared, before I start.

Cheers Pat 

6 hours ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

Looks like lots of fun Pat. Little h says she’s on hand for any advice with your build. 

Thanks mate 

I'll give you and "little H" a shout when we get to the painting stage. 

If she starts with a roller and one end and me at the other we can meet up in the middle :wink:

Cheers Pat 

• Haha 3

Dear Jockney

If the instructions are followed when joinibg the nose section the the 2 halves of the backbone of the plane a step will appear between the nose and the backbone parts. Its best to tape the parts together to test fit first. I seem to remember the backbone parts need packing before they are glued together.

Hope that makes sense.

Regards Toby

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Planebuilder62 said:

Dear Jockney

If the instructions are followed when joinibg the nose section the the 2 halves of the backbone of the plane a step will appear between the nose and the backbone parts. Its best to tape the parts together to test fit first. I seem to remember the backbone parts need packing before they are glued together.

Hope that makes sense.

Regards Toby

Thanks Toby

That's really good to know, I hope you didn't learn about it the hard way :fingerscrossed:

Cheers Pat