Thor: Love and Thunder.... Why, Taika, Why!?

spruecutter96

Watched the above on Disney Plus yesterday. Oh dear.... where do you start with this one? I'm a big fan of Taika Waititi's previous work, but this is a complete dud of a movie. 

Numerous "jokes" which simply didn't work, boring, seen-it-all-before fight sequences, MASSIVE, jolting changes in tone. At least Christian Bale was a good villain, but I'm wondering why he bothered. 

Very difficult to believe that this was the same director / writer as "Thor: Ragnarok" and "Search for the Wilderpeople". He REALLY dropped the ball on this movie. 

I would say watch it if there's nothing else available (seems very unlikely, in this streaming age, though). 

Cheers. 

Chris.  

Can't help but think the guy is kinda selling out and turning in to a bit of an attention seeker, he has married Rita Ora after all!! 

**SPOILERS BELOW**

With regards to the film, it pretty much went nowhere other than to kill off Jane, and introduce his daughter, he may or may not appear as a character further down the line. And the GoTG appearance was of zero significance. Seemed like a lot of ideas being crammed in to one film.

59 minutes ago, Dunc2610 said:

he has married Rita Ora after all!! 

Can't blame the fella for that... Rita Ora is what Da Modern Youth would call a "Smoke Show". I did think the photos of him, Tessa Thompson and Rita Ora all kissing each other on that balcony were a bit tacky though - particularly as it's obvious they were fully aware there were photographers lurking nearby. Clearly, it was done to maximize the publicity generated...

Cheers.

Chris. 

This was far from being a good movie.

Passable at best.

But still better than  Dr Strange 2 /  Spiderman No way home /  Eternals.....

Marvel films just aren't the same without Cap and Tony Stark  :(

• Like 1

And where in Goodness's Name did Russell Crowe's accent come from? He reminded me of Harry Enfield's "Stravros" character from about 25 years ago (Lordy, I feel OLD typing that sentence!).  

Cheers. 

Chris. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, IanHx said:

Marvel films just aren't the same without Cap and Tony Stark 

Unfortunately, Marvel's "Phase 4" seems to have really lost its way. I'm not a huge fan of Marvel's output at the best of times (Iron Man 3 - utter, un-adulterated, patronizing, poorly-written, illogical cobblers!), but I am now very much outside their target-audience's age demographic.  

Kevin Fiege is not the all-seeing guru he was once proclaimed to be....

Chris. 

1 hour ago, IanHx said:

This was far from being a good movie.

Passable at best.

But still better than  Dr Strange 2 /  Spiderman No way home /  Eternals.....

Marvel films just aren't the same without Cap and Tony Stark  :(

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought S-NWY was tripe! People getting all misty eyed over people dying, for me none of it had any emotional impact! As for Eternals, shall we all pretend that film just didn't exist?!

On 9/16/2022 at 2:34 PM, Dunc2610 said:

As for Eternals, shall we all pretend that film just didn't exist?!

I seem to remember reading that they're doing a second Eternals movie! Marvel must have some serious money that needs laundering (only kiddin', of course...). 

Chris. 

• Like 2