1/72 Mirage gun barrels?

Are there any aftermarket gun barrels that would work for a 1/72 Mirage F.1?  Found the Quickboost ones for the Mirage III but they're 1/48.  Have also found the Staghound metal ones but not sure they're correct for my build.  Maybe I could cheat with A-4 guns?

4 hours ago, Andrew D Jolly Rogers guy said:

Are there any aftermarket gun barrels that would work for a 1/72 Mirage F.1?  Found the Quickboost ones for the Mirage III but they're 1/48.  Have also found the Staghound metal ones but not sure they're correct for my build.  Maybe I could cheat with A-4 guns?

You are looking at something tiny, 30mm calibre works out to 0.41mm in 1/72 so you are looking at  less than 1mm external diameter of the barrel in 1/72. I would go for  a hypodermic needle as well but even that is probably oversize!

Selwyn

8 hours ago, drake122 said:

Honestly, translated to 1/72nd scale, those additional details seem quite pointless.

With respect, I'd think that it's up to the individual builder to determine how much detail they wish to attempt.  What's "pointless" for one person may be someone else's total enjoyment.  If you think my level of detail is pointless, then I'm sorry. B)

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Andrew D Jolly Rogers guy said:

With respect, I'd think that it's up to the individual builder to determine how much detail they wish to attempt.  What's "pointless" for one person may be someone else's total enjoyment.  If you think my level of detail is pointless, then I'm sorry. B)

100% its your build and it upto you.

If doing an F.1 these might help;

On 9/16/2022 at 5:32 AM, Andrew D Jolly Rogers guy said:

Be carefully  the ones for the Mirage III are basically just tubes!

For the F1 and M2000 it is what you show above.

In 48 you get them from relight in their F1 upgrade set.

In 72 I really have no idea if at all..

Maybe scratch the with a base tube and a larger diameter sleeve and some CA glue?

Or cut some Master pitot tubes?

That is was Special Hobby did on their kit

13349-217030.jpg

https://www.modellversium.de/kit/bilder/3/4/9/13349-217030.jpg

• Like 1