303 Squadron Scramble 27 September 1940

Wdedig

Greetings 

A Friend ,knowing my passion for the Kosciuszko History, provided this print to me. "Droga Do Nieba "

spacer.png

I decided to have this framed and hung in my model display area. To accompany the print I used the superb Airfix Hurricane to honor this squadron.

spacer.png

The model was a pleasure to build and I finished in less than 2weeks. Mostly out of box except for the Seatbelts from my spares/Scrap Box. National markings were the Airfix decals and they were fantastic. Aircraft serial and Squadron codes were from spares bin.

spacer.png

I choose RF-P markings to represent the  aircraft in the forefront of the print and the only aircraft with canopy slid back. This aircraft was flown by Jan Kowalski on this mission,27 September 1940 and credited with a damaged HE- 111 (Thank you Mike Dobrzelecki for reference help).

spacer.png

The paints used were Gunze colors for Dark green and Dark earth. I did overcoat the whole aircraft with a thin layer of darker green to try and get the colors a bit darker. GX-100 was used for gloss base and GX 114 was used to flatten the final finish.Drilled out exhausts and Uschi line for antenna

spacer.png

Thanks for Looking

Comments Always Welcome

Cheers

Bill D.

• Like 42
  • Thanks 1

Great build!

And the 27 September is my birthday. That did attract my attention, despite the fact that in 1940 I was not even a blueprint....

Congrats.

JR

• Like 1