1 hour ago, bigbadbadge said:

fantastic,  what a great idea to use the wood to give a firm base

Well it’s partly cost driven too styrene sheet is much more expensive than pine and as happens I have a chopsaw and a scroll saw so it’s easier to work.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bertie McBoatface said:

So how big will your Little Willie be when you've finished it off?

Well as big as my T34, about eight inches, that’s average for these things isn’t it…..

Of course I mean 1/35th scale AFVs

Edited by Marklo
  • Haha 6

Great choice of subject on all levels but I keep reading these posts in a Benny Hill voice.

BTW you can add panel lines without fear as Bovvie's display has about a million coats of paint. The original photos show that there were gaps. The glass beads idea is a good one.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, SleeperService said:

but I keep reading these posts in a Benny Hill voice.

Actually I keep thinking of Ade Edmondsons Von Richthofen from black adder.

EA3627-C9-B8-D2-43-C6-8607-4-C5-FD40534-I treated my self to an emhar 1/35 mk v heavy today and as luck would have it it used the same tracks. Soooo the plan now is to resin cast the straight sections from the mk v and mix and match the kit tracks and the cast ones on both models. 

• Like 10

A61-D8-D10-DA13-41-D6-A53-A-08-F3-FA7254As far as I can tell Willies road wheels are on individual shirt shaft axles secured each side with u shaped reunions. So here I’ve added Wilkies short shafts (!!!)

The drive looks to come from the front on a common axle and it looks like there are a pair of axles to the rear holding willies sponsons ( errr) in place.

So next up 40 u shaped trunnions.

• Like 6

F82-B2-E92-9235-4-C57-9-DDF-0-FD32-DA148Willies main shafts attached and sponsons dry fitted.

1 hour ago, Col. said:

You certainly know how to have fun :o 

And I’ve just realised that the inner ones are visible too so make that 80 (f@€&……)

• Like 8

• 4 weeks later...

399A9E7E-66B4-4DD7-8FC8-E3C991CF964B.jpgStarted resin casting some track pieces. I’ll use them for the straight bits, steal the flexible ones from the mk IV for the curved bits and do the opposite for the MK IV.

C5A2F5A0-E374-4EB2-B0D5-085C0455D6DF.jpgMy Willie is now thoroughly perforated. Next I will attach many little glass balls as rivet heads.

• Like 9