For so many reasons I can’t resist this one.

78343-AA4-4-E2-F-44-DA-83-B1-41-D7-CD80-

E7-B1310-B-1710-488-C-96-C2-92-DC22-DE47 

Almost but not quite the first prototype British tank, which its development led to Mother which in turn led to the MKI heavy tank and the rest as they say is history.

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 14
  • Haha 1

How're you going to make the tracks?  3D printing, or resin casting, or just sheer boredom? I'll be looking in on this one, as I've given it a pat once or twice at Bovvy before now :)

You can also make really mature jokes like:

• Would you like to see my little willie?
  • I've posted pictures of my little willie on the internet
  • I painted my little willie with my airbrush

Won't that be fun? :clown:

• Haha 8

13 minutes ago, Mike said:

How're you going to make the tracks?  3D printing, or resin casting, or just sheer boredom? I'll be looking in on this one, as I've given it a pat once or twice at Bovvy before now :)

You can also make really mature jokes like:

Well I was thinking of resin casting from a plastic master. The track shape is very straight forward. Plus I’ll probably try to get the tracks done for my FT and my Hetzer at the same time.

Yes I shall try to maintain an air or deportment throughout and try to avoid phrases such as look at my little Willie wahey…. Etc.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

15 minutes ago, psdavidson said:

But willie push it too far???

Apparently the double entendre only exists in English, both ironic and sad. :)

Anyway  next step is to enlarge my little Willie to 1:24th scale. No sniggering at the back there…

Edited by Marklo
  • Haha 8

So from Wikipedia Willie is 5.87m which in 1/24 will be 245mm or 9.62inches in old money. Or 336mm or 13.25inches with the rear steering wheels possibly a bit large for me so for the moment I think I’ll go for the shorter Willie ( wahey, sorry couldn’t resist, this just doesn’t get old :) )

Edited by Marklo
  • Haha 5

Marklo !

1/35 it will be far better. If little Willy not to please you that it is possible to take advantage of advice 🙂-

On 9/15/2022 at 10:42 PM, bigbadbadge said:

You could build it in 1/35  scale, give it a rub and it grows to 1/24 scale😄 sorry, I'll get my coat. 

Chris

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...